user profile
Sign in
user profile

Issues with Verification of Product upload template (Brand registry issue?)

by Seller_0ZAy5R97huYYD

We are a remanufacturer that sells refurbished control system parts. We have dozens of different Manufacturers products that we sell. Many of these are obsolete products that are no longer carried by the OEM. We do not have UPC for these products, but they all have unique part numbers. For SKU we are using an internal unique identifier number. When the upload template is verified, without external_product_id and external_product_id we get errors because they are required. I spoke with someone from Amazon this morning and it was suggested that I submit for a brand registry exemption. I am a bit skeptical about this because although our company and logo is trademarked, we do not package any of the products we resell with our brand. Our customers don’t care about our brand,they are interested in the brand of the OEM and product part number.

Has anyone been down this path? Before I submit for brand registry I want to make sure it is the correct way to go.

The alternative explained to me was to submit a GTIN exemption request, but we sell so many brands and different part numbers, this doesn’t make sense.

Tags: Brand Registry
0 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
There are no more posts to display
Go to original post