Is someone trying to hack my account?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. I have finished 2 step verification a while ago for all my accounts and things have been working fine, but overnight i got 6 new messages with new numbers for verification–even though I was not trying to sign in. Is this a glitch or should i be worried that someone is trying to get in?

I’d treat this as a serious issue as there are no issues involving 2 step verification that I am aware of. Absent of a system glitch, it would appear someone has your account login details. I would run an antivirus check on your computers and change your login password immediately if I were you. If you don’t, Amazon may detect the unauthorized attempts and temporarily restrict access to your account which may temporarily lock you out as well. After you change your login password, you may want to notify Amazon as well as they may be able to investigate and at a minimum block the source IP addresses attempting to gain access to your account.

Yes, that is what that means. Do as the poster suggested above and change your password.

It is good that you went ahead with the 2-step.

There’s been a few posts about people getting multiple email/texts for verification codes when they’re not trying to log in. It might be a glitch, but I’d follow GenGoods advice and treat it as an attempted hack just to be safe.

I would also suggest using a different device that you are fairly certain is secure to change your password. That gives you a better degree of safety against a virus or other malware.

do you use the iPad app for seller central? Everytime I log in to the app, I receive a 2 step code.

While this may not be the case for you, even though I have it set up to know my devises and log in without using the two steps, I often get the text message with the code when opening the app even though it logs me in.

I have also gotten it a couple of times when logging on from my computer even though I did not need it.

As I have stated before, I would rather get the text when not needed than to not get them when they are needed.

Do a full scan with your antivirus software on your system before changing your password. You could have a key stroke logger on your system so changing your password before removing that would be useless.

I GOT THE SAME ‘FAKE’ MESSAGE’ YOU GOT! IF IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY VISIBLE VERIFICATION OR BY SOMEONE YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH (WINDOWS} (AMAZON) ETC. - DO NOT OPEN IT IN ANY WAY - DELETE (X) IT AND MOVE ON!

You must be a hoot to watch ordering coffee at Starbucks.

I picture a friendly cashier, smiling, while his hat blows off,
and with his hair flowing in the wind, while he tries to keep
anything that’s not nailed down from blowing off the counter.

Nice visual!

closed #11