Inventory Performance Index threshold will change to 450

Depends on the product. For instance, an item that sells 200 in 1 week only receives permission for restocking when it is too late. And after you ship, it gets almost 2 weeks for FBA to process everything and make the item available. This kind of limitation is really harmful to small businesses because it requires a level of planning with logistics that requires somebody with a degree in logistics to do this work. Besides the fact that smaller and most frequent shipments are more expensive, requires more work and a lot more time. And for the Amazon’s brown noses, yeah, I know we can ship ourselves, blah blah, blah, but the transition takes time, the ASIN loses the Prime badge, etc.

@Blame_the_Seller I was unable to do the math of how with a limit of 200 units you are able to sell 1000 units per month.

The first day of this week is December 14 and ends on December 20 .

Nothing hurt us more in 2020. The way Amazon implemented this new rules is unbelievably poor.

The way the restocking limit is updated is absolutely ridiculous and totally anti-business. During the last 3 weeks, we have been out of stock almost every other day although we did send inventory every time it was allowed (sometime even twice a day).

How can one keep a limit of 200 units for a product that sells 40 units per day, especially when it takes 7-10 days to have a product in stock since the shipment is created?

Absolutely ridiculous. Worst business experience ever.

@Bruno_Isabel
…very soon I’ll be accused of defending amazon or employed by them…
But, this policy was known to sellers for few months and we had to adjust to it, by using FBM.

The irony, I was at 450 for months, last week I drop to 449…
Seems a little fishy…

I just came here to see how many people are crying about them RELAXING the IPI requirement…

Hope they remove restock limits soon. Nov and Dec are my slowest months but normally starting dec 26 my sales take off.

Hi E E, I had storage limits for Q4 because we were below 500 when they made the last change. My score was above 470 in WK 51, and now my Next Period Storage Limit shows Unlimited.

@E_E
I am very much concerned about it as well.
My situation is completely opposite: ipi was below 450 on week 51 but above in week 52, and my storage continues to show as unlimited. I wonder whether this decision is final or they update me “later” as they said in the news.
So your “next period storage limit” changed on Monday, correct? Previously it was unlimited? Can you please elaborate.

Hello. Did it change to unlimited exactly on this Monday? @Green_3

Hi there! So did your next period storage limit change? @I_love_pancakes

Hi, I’m not sure. I hadn’t been checking it until I saw the notice.

No, it did not change.

My IPI score was 449 in week 51.
Bu today, in week 52, it is 463. :sob::sob:
I guess my limits will remain in Q1 in 2021.

whatiwant

Hello, our IPI is well above the 600 mark. Does this mean starting Jan 1 the restrictions on stocking will be removed for us?

Nice, we were just about to fall below 500. Praise the lord.

Mine says it will “accept 200 units” but it actually will only take two units. Two!! Do you know why they are giving two different numbers?

Units in pending shipping plans, FC Processing, FC Transfer and active inventory, all add together towards the 200