user profile
Sign in
user profile

Introduction to receiving notifications on new Product Types and upcoming changes

by News_Amazon

A content rich product listing makes it easier for customers to make better buying decisions. Starting April, we are introducing new Product Types and modifying few existing ones. These Product Types will have product specific attributes that will help you describe your products better. This change will not immediately affect your existing selection.

Any new attribute, required for a Product Type will first be introduced as “optional” in the new or modified Product Types and later will be made “required” after 60 days. We will be sending out monthly updates on new Product Types and modification of existing ones along with the associated unique attributes that have been added as “optional” or “required” for the given Product Type.

When creating new selection, you can view these new or modified Product Types in Seller Central by navigating through > Inventory > Add Products via upload and selecting the appropriate template to download.

Tags: News and Announcements
15 replies
15 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_LwUhSN3kUAXlg
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Do they think we enter all this data by hand onsey-twosey? Every time they change a template, I have to rescript a database export, and it’s been years since I’ve been able to store my data in a monolithic, human-readable format, with a history of diffs, since there’s often one data structure per ASIN. Every time I have to open a case because Amazon has deleted or mis-merged critical contributions I’ve made, it’s a forensics job. Rather than chronically tweaking the Platonic data, Amazon might consider fixing their current systems so there’s not so much bit rot. What’s the point of gatekeeping the perfect listing and then trashing the data?

I have listings, where I’m the sole contributor, with no description, and bullet points that consist entirely of " ‘My Brand Name’ Furniture," listed in a category I didn’t list the item in with a higher fee rate than the one I did list it in. Why ask for more minor detail when you’re not interested in the major detail?

user profile
Seller_ZlqElNiPV8ib0

“We will be sending out monthly updates”
Dear Amazon, WHERE you will be sending monthly updates? To my email? To my NOTIFICATIONS on my Seller Central account? Clarify, please…

user profile
Seller_HkWRMVx6PKBPC
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_GT315uVS6tS3w

I agree too,be better.

user profile
Seller_Llwtz4yhrFDIF

Stupid Changes

user profile
Seller_de4eyx29dSI7i

I hope that Amazon will specify the exact changes to the feeds when they occur - inclusive WHERE to find them within the feed file reports along with EXAMPLES

This article reads as if the changes have already taken effect (see April comment) - whereas none of these changes were rolled out yet.

Thank you for the “heads-up”. My team is curiously awaiting the tangible announcements…

user profile
Seller_9I26CpItIyjcn

Seems like the worst possible time to roll something out like this. Just heaping on new stuff/rules in the middle of a pandemic when a lot of sellers are struggling with numerous issues already due to the situation.

Who thought this was a good idea?

Maybe should hold off on this until July.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post