user profile
Sign in
user profile

Intellectual property violations

by Seller_Esc28ryixFhg8

We received a IP violation notice for the term “In Loving Memory”. Even though we agreed to take them down our account was shut down. The product we were selling were window decals. We purchased a clip art disc from Amazon (ASIN: B00R4UR3NG) in 2016 and have been selling them with no issue since. Even though they sell really well, it is what it is. If we can’t sell them ok but now we have no account at all. Anyone have any suggestions??

Tags: ASIN
22 replies
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_nF1al6fMEZ9n7
In reply to: Seller_Esc28ryixFhg8's post

For best help, you need to post the entire notice/warning you received from Amazon. If this is your first violation, Amazon will normally only warn you - not shut down your account. They will, of course, deactivate the listing immediately.

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

Scroll down to: OTHER COMMON REASONS FOR SUSPENSIONS… , in the linked thread for formatting and appeal.

user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw

IP Rights Suspensions are the hardest …

• You really need a retraction
  • You need a great appeal if you can’t get a retraction … and a good appeal even if you do get the retraction.

Use either Rushdies’s thread or mine : Suspended by Amazon. What should I do ? Help with appeals by Oneida BooksAFTER you have tried to get the retraction.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

Does not claim to be copyright free or licensed for commercial use in its Amazon or Alibaba listing.

I suggest you check the documentation to see if the supplier represents it appropriately.

Would not surprise me if you are violating someone’s copyright by selling products using the art.

user profile
Seller_LnoHmxF9m1chE

Do all of your homework, friend. Hopefully you get this message before the assassination squad wake up and begin accusing you and demeaning you. I was hit with an IP claim once and was told that the rights owner had to retract the claim in order for me to continue selling. I tried contacting the rights owner who to my surprise lead to some generic website and their email address bounced back “undeliverable”. I wrote into the Performance Team with this information and was immediately released to sell.

You would think Amazon would do their research FIRST before convicting its sellers of wrong doing but they don’t. Any lame brain can scream IP INFRINGEMENT and sadly their claims are honored as truth on Amazon. I am not saying that you did or didn’t infringe but I am saying that you should search the entire claim out.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post