user profile
Sign in
user profile

Intellectual Property Violations. Infringement type: Copyright. Account under review. How to proceed?

by Seller_ghI5aIImFPffN

Hi, I recently received a IP complaint from Oppenheim + Zebrak. I have never received one of these before and am looking for advice on how to proceed to remedy the current issue and also to make sure this doesn’t happen again in the future. The problem was filled as “Infringement type: Copyright”, but I am unsure exactly what the problem is. I assume it is not a counterfeit issue, because it was not filled as such. The complaint is with a used condition textbook which has already sold, so it is not longer active in my inventory, but I deleted the listing to hopefully avoid further problems with that book. My account is currently under review, but not suspended at the moment. I have not contacted Amazon or Oppenheim + Zebrak yet because I wanted to seek advice here first to see what the best approach is to fixing this situation, avoiding suspension, and stopping problems like this in the future before they start. Any advice on how I should respond to this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tags: INR (item not received), USPS
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ghI5aIImFPffN
In reply to: Seller_ghI5aIImFPffN's post

Here is a copy of the message I received from Amazon:

Hello,

We are contacting you because we received a report of copyright infringement from the rights owner listed below. Sellers on Amazon.com are not allowed to create listings or detail pages that infringe copyright.

We removed the content listed at the end of this email. We may let you list this content again if we receive a retraction of the complaint from the rights owner. Their contact information can be found below.

Oppenheim + Zebrak
notice-inquiries@oandzlaw.com

If the rights owner agrees to retract their complaint, they must send the retraction to us at notice-dispute@amazon.com.

If you believe that the reported content does not infringe the rights owner’s copyright, you may email notice-dispute@amazon.com with supporting information, if appropriate.

If the rights owner does not retract their complaint, or you do not provide supporting information, we may provide your contact information to the rights owner upon their request.

We consider allegations of intellectual property infringement a serious matter and your account is under review. If we receive more complaints about your listings, we may not allow you to sell on Amazon.com.

To learn more about this policy, search for “Intellectual Property Violations” in Seller Central Help.

ASIN: 0130387754
Title: Market-Based Management (6th Edition)

Infringement type: Copyright
Complaint ID: 6567012751

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team
https://www.amazon.com
Amazon.com

What is the best way to respond to this? My account is not suspended at the moment, but should I still reach out to both parties with a POA?

user profile
Seller_cIMrEhr13Zwj2

Hello @xjunksnotdeadx,

Abraham here with some helpful information from Amazon.

I want to assist you with the intellectual property complaint you have and clarify how you can appeal this.

I understand that since this is your first complaint, it is alarming. However it looks like from the post you have sent this is in regards to a Copyright issue. Since this is a textbook that you stated my question to you is how are you validating that the item you are selling is 100% the same print and version as the one displayed on our platform?

This is where I would start first and determine if the supplier you are using is 100% authorized and how you can validate that. If after you still believe that the complaint was filed incorrectly you can proceed with the retractions as well as notifying us as the email notice-dispute@amazon.com with your appeal.

I hope this is beneficial towards your business.

Abraham

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

It might have been sold to the rightsowner or the law firm, and it might be counterfeit.

This could be a big deal.

I am not going to ask how you buy. I am going to ask, do you know how to detect counterfeit texts?

user profile
Seller_XBZvgnMWjSVfK

Were you able to resolve this? Did anyone ever clarify the nature of the alleged infringement for you?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post