user profile
Sign in
user profile

Infringement Complaint

by Seller_TQM5HqVJLLP9t

Hi there!

We received a Copyright Infringement Complaint on one of our items … It is a Jellyfish lamp. The complaint came from a competitor selling the exact same item as us. They said we are using the same photo as them. When we sent them our photo and also theirs, I circled that their photo includes their company logo and the photo we have, does not.

Our email chain with our competitor has gone no where, they want us to upload a photo that is not ‘confusingly similar’.

I attached the photos here. Does anyone have any advice?

Tags: Images
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_J2ZfZuM8hEFnw
In reply to: Seller_TQM5HqVJLLP9t's post

I am a newbie here,… but from what I know about copyright infringement is that the image is the same (and or changed in some way).
From these images, I can tell that these two are the same machine manufactured by the same company, but are definitely not the same image. Hence, no copyright infringement case.

user profile
Seller_cjBwb6X1O3EGl
In reply to: Seller_TQM5HqVJLLP9t's post

One of the things about IP is would an average person tell the difference.

Looking at the 2 pictures they fail. There is little chance that people would notice the logo vs no-logo. If it was much larger that would be a different story…but then it would look like dog defecation.

You do need to remove the background of the picture. Should be fairly easy to do.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post