[Informative] My new account was suspended shortly after registration ... Help by Oneida Books

Issue : I registered to sell on Amazon.com, Amazon charged my credit card already and I just received an email saying I can no longer sell on Amazon.

Version 1 : Sept 2018

I want to first acknowledge @Rushdie’s past threads and posts …

I just feel though that I want to post my own thread to point out some of the most common mistakes sellers make that I have seen when helping them … as well as go over the registration process and areas you need to review for mistakes before replying or appealing to Amazon.

Things to know about what is going on …

1. THIS TYPE OF REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS OR “SUSPENSION” IS NORMAL FOR MANY NEW SELLERS. Don’t Panic!
    Normally, it just means that either the documents you provided were missing enough information, had information that didn’t match with the account or that they did not fit the format Amazon wanted them in.

2. It doesn’t matter that you haven’t listed anything to sell yet … or even if you have listed items

3. Amazon decided to “Review” your account. They do this normally for accounts upgrading from Selling Individually to Selling Professionally when all the documents needed were not originally provided OR as mentioned in #1 something didn’t match up with your account data.

4. Amazon will send you an email soon, if not already, and likely ask you for more information. This should appear in Seller Central in Performance Notifications

Below I have 2 Summaries of the 2 emails I see most often.

In Summary 1 is the current format of the typical email … in which they ask for more documentation.

Summary 1 of the email they send (click to see)

Hello,

We are reviewing your Amazon.com seller account. During our review, you will not be able to sell on Amazon.com.

Please ship any open orders. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please send an email to payments-funds@amazon.com.

Please provide the following documents and confirm there is a valid credit card on file:

–Utility bill with name and address visible
    –Business license, if applicable
    –If you have active listings, include copies of invoices, receipts, contracts or delivery orders from your supplier issued in the last 90 days.

You can send files in .pdf, .png, or .gif format. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. Please submit your documents by following this link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html5).

Once we receive your documents, we will review them and decide whether you may sell on Amazon.com again.

When you are ready to send us your plan, please submit your plan of action by following this link http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html5.

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team

In Summary 2 is the email sent based on the specific Account reviews help page which some get.

Summary 2 of a previous variation which is sometimes still used (click to see)

Hello,

We are reviewing your Amazon.com seller account. During this review, you cannot sell on Amazon.com. Funds will not be transferred to you but will stay in your account while we review it. If you have any open orders, please ship them.

To help with the review process, please send us the following information about your business:

• Length of time you have been in business
    • Sources of inventory
    • Anticipated monthly sales on Amazon.com
    • Availability of items for shipping
    • Address of any retail locations
    • Links to other websites that you actively sell on
    • Tracking information for recently shipped orders, found on the Manage Orders page in Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/orders-v2/list)
    • Tax ID or Dun and Bradstreet (D-U-N-S) number

To send this information, click the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notifications.html)

To learn more about account reviews, search for “Velocity Limits and Account Reviews” in Seller Central Help.

To talk to someone about this email, you can ask our Seller Support team to contact you (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/contact-us/performance).

We will send you an email when our review is complete.

1. Amazon is requesting additional documents …
    Utility bill with name and address visible

Utility Bill = Gas, Water/Sewer, Electricity, Waste, TV, Internet or Landline, (not for a Mobile Phone) … is at the address used for registration and in your name. Note: I just recently saw a thread where for some countries it SEEMS Amazon might not be using Utility Bills any more … so not sure you will be asked for that or if it is specific only to that seller. (If things change I’ll update the thread)

Business license, if applicable (Not required)

If you have active listings … (Not required unless you have listed items already. If you haven’t listed anything then there is nothing to send Amazon)

1. Often after new sellers send documents without reviewing the requirements, verifying that everything matches up or having a valid credit card on file that matches the name and address … they then get a denial response from Amazon on opening the account. (Edit to add - Some do report opening an account with a card in someone else’s name)
    Summary Example of denial email

Hello,

We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com.

Please ship any open orders. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.
    Sincerely,
    Seller Performance Team
    Amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com

1. Important to know going into this - Account reviews, can taket up to 30 days to complete… so before you ask how long it will take Amazon to respond about this … well … up to 30 days.

All is NOT lost !! You can correct things and appeal (reply to the email).

THIS IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT SUBMITTING/RE-SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS … and might have been where you had an issue … so recheck everything

The most common mistakes sellers make that I have seen while trying to get sellers past this are :

• Not matching up addresses and phones numbers on ALL documents to what is in the account for Legal Identity
    and/or
  • Issues with the formatting of the documents submitted

Amazon doesn’t like …

• Screen shots of anything
  • Bank Passbooks (except in India and Japan) as Bank Statements
  • Less than the entire document
  • MS Word files (file extension .doc or .docx although sometimes they are accepted)
  • Excel files
  • .zip files
  • Editing documents after creating the file (This is not confirmed 100% quite yet … so more of a recommendation)

Amazon does like …

• ID’s … Color images :
    Front and back of National ID’s or Drivers License submitted in one (1) digital file
    Front only of Passports (I would include the signature page).
  • Entire document without clipped edges
  • Only documents in these Languages (updated 2/20): Arabic, simplified Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, and Turkish. Otherwise a notarized translation is needed with a seal or stamp

Registration Process - During the process you were asked for these … review what you entered (in your seller account Payment, Business and Tax sections) and compare to what was submitted.

• Phone Number … should match on all documents and in Seller account

• Valid Government-Issued Photo ID …
    Color image with both sides of the card must be submitted in one digital file
    OR
    Front only of Passports submitted in one digital file.

• Valid internationally chargeable credit card with a valid billing address located in an eligible country.
    (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/861)
    **(Note : Amazon does often accept Debit cards that are linked to a bank and chargeable as a credit card from these companies … American Express / Diners Club/Discover / JCB / MC / Visa … but officially the statement is use of pre-paid or debit cards are not accepted for a selling account.)

Summary - Amazon does not accept alternative Charge Methods, such as ... (click to see)

– Prepaid credit cards
    – Gift certificates
    – Checks
    – Online payment systems like PayPal.
    Debit Cards (Normally are not accepted … although sometimes they are) Amazon has changed the help files to remove mention of not accepting Debit Cards. If it works for you then it works. If it does not and you are in the US then I believe it is because of the type of Debit Card. (There are different types of “Debit” Cards around the world …)

Summary - Check the below information related to your credit card (click to see)
    • Is the credit card valid?
    • Is there a minimum charge amount?
    • Are you using a pre-paid or debit card? (Note: Use of pre-paid or debit cards are not accepted for a selling account.)
    • Does the bank have a record of the charge attempt?
    • Are there bank limits or policies that prevent the charge attempt from being authorized?
    • Is there any incorrect credit card information entered? (Note: All the credit card information entered such as number, name, address, ZIP code, or expiration date must be an exact match with your card details.)
    • Is this chargeable in the currency of the Amazon marketplace where you registered your seller account?

• Bank Account - account number, bank account statement.
    – The bank’s name, logo, and address is visible on the statement
    – The account holder’s name matches your seller account info
    – The statement must be issued within the last 90 days.

Amazon supports U.S., Canadian, and Mexican bank accounts, as well as bank accounts in other countries across the globe.
    If needed you can request for a Payoneer statement.

• Tax Information - You will also need to go through an online step-by-step interview that will determine whether you will need to complete a W-9 form (as a U.S. taxpayer) or a W-8BEN (as a non-U.S. taxpayer). Visit United States Tax and Regulatory Considerations for more information on taxes.
    https://sellercentral.amazon.com/tax/nexus/settings

So … in short …

• Recheck everything you entered to register to sell on Amazon and the documents you sent Amazon
  • Make sure everything matches … name, addresses, phone numbers, etc.
  • Make sure your documents are formatted correctly to what Amazon wants

Once you are sure everything is correct reply to the email from Amazon explaining that you have fixed every issue causing your account to fail the review process and attach all the original documents plus the requested ones …

Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
Copy of either the Bank or Credit Card Statement
Utility bill (Like: Gas, Water, Electricity, TV, Internet or Landline … No Mobile Phones)
Business license, if applicable or you have one
If you have active listings, include copies of invoices, receipts, contracts or delivery orders from your supplier issued in the last 90 days

DO NOT … I repeat DO NOT open a new (second) account once you have started to open one because you had issues with this one !

Rob
Oneida Books

Account Suspended the moment I created it ?!
Selling on Amazon USA as a Non-US citizen
Amazon TOOK my $40 and are now ignoring me!
I have just open the account on amazon.com and after so many follow ups and after providing all the documents they said you cannot sell on amazon and they have cut my money also
Waste Collection Utility Bill
I m a new seller don’t know suspend due to what?
Account suspended after registration
My seller accaunt is suspended
Seller Account Deactivated After Registration
Account suspended - help with wording of answer
Your account has been deactivated
Account suspended
Problem with Verifyng Account
Amazon seller support is bogus
Deactivated account-please help
Susepende account
Leaving before I even get started
Need help with Suspension Notice and Plan of Action
My account keeps getting suspended
Suspended on first day
HELP PLEASE! My account was deactivate due to being related to another account
Account deactivated but i have no idea why
How i get back on amazon
After registration was deactivated
Verifying new account
Slow account verification? 11 things to do while you wait
The big Amazon scam
[Informative] Suspended by Amazon. What should I do ? Help with Suspension and Appeals ... by Oneida Books
New account suspended without products "Section 3 of Amazon’s Business Solutions Agreement"
Account suspended
New account deactivated. No reply after over 1.5 months
How do I call support?
Suspended Account - New Seller
How activate account?
We need a group of people who have been charged $39.9 from Amazon but get suspension to sue Amazon!
Account suspended after creating it
Identity verification - docs provided but privileges removed anyway
My account is not activated and Amazon charged 39.99 USD
New account suspended
Amazon charged my account but deactivated it
Account deactivated without a clear reason
Why doesnt someone call you when you leave your number
Your Amazon.com selling privileges have been removed
Account Deactivated Immediately
Account suspended since creation
Is Amazon Support Useless? Disabled Account for Days
Hello team
New account suspended while I was listing
Account deactivation
How can I reactive ny account?
Suspended to Deactivated? Shut case?
Took my money....but dud not activate account
Suspend
Does anyone know how to get a response from Seller's Support?
Account is limited
Account Deactivated. Uploaded Documents. Denied
Account suspension
New Account Suspension for no Utility Bill?
Support case closed with no response?
Seller Account
Account deactivated/suspended-verify identity/did I change payment method
HELP: How to activate the account
Suspended Account
Delete Account
Not accepting business license and utility bill
Amazon has suspended your account. Please refer to the email from Amazon to learn more about the status of your account. Read more
Can’t sell from Norway
Amazon keep denying my documents even though the documents have all information required by Amazon
Investigation: How sellers exploit Amazon’s loopholes to sell unsafe products
美国亚马逊注册第一天被关,申诉一个多月至今,下一步,怎么办?
HELP please - account suspended for no reason
New seller account account deactivated upon registration
Suspended account
HELP!!!New seller's problem
How long does it take to reactivate my account to sell
Suspended account problem
New account and suspended
Amazon was suspended my account immediately after registration!
Account Review
How to contact amazon after account suspension
Amazon seller account was just suspended- no e-mail or notification provided
My account goes suspended
Seller Privileges Cancelled?
Accoun health
Address verification
New Seller Account Suspension Identification
Account selling privileges has been removed - What documentation you need?
Suspended account after downgrade
Opening a sellers account
Selling Privileges Removed? Please help
Account suspension due to review - What about my stock?
New seller account suspended
Amazon lifetime Ban
My account got suspended right after registration
Seller Permission in by Region
Link in email to submit utility bill doesn't work?
Seller Central Account no approved
Account suspended - charged nevertheless
Amazon is hostile to new products and inventors
Suspended after registration in the verification process and my CC charged for Amazon Fee
Suspension
I have provided the correct utility bill but amazon are still unable to verify the document
Related to another account
Fighting suspension help
You have not provided the documents we requested during our review of your account
Account Suspended After 2 months
New Account Deactivated after couple days
We may not respond to further emails about this issue
New Account Suspended
We paid Amazon for 2 month still account verification
Selling Privileges Removed? Please help
Suspended Account for 15 Days after registration and fees charged
My Account keep getting suspended
Selling Privileges has been SUSPENDED
Account remain suspended after all requested files sent
New account suspended
Suspend and 90 days punishment
Account dead on arrival
Seller Performance Team unfairly deactivates/suspends my brand new seller account. What should I do?
I chose the wrong country
Deactivated after registration
Deactivated after registration
Account Suspended and Now Amazon States not to Respond to This
I need help in submitting the relevant documents to get started in Amazon!
Amazon Suspension
Issue with Verification
Selling privileges revoked immediatly after registration
Suspend-need help
Suspended account
My acc have suspention after i confirm
Account Suspended for Forged/Manipulated Documents
Selling Account Suspended
Your Amazon selling account remains deactivated
Suspended within a few hours of creating an Amazon Acct?
Foreign Seller Registration Issues
Account Suspension after Opening - Utility Bill Question
Amazon requested few documents without mentioning them?
My account was suspended, right after registration? You have received this message. And another letter asking for bills in my name
I just opened an account and my bank declined charges
I registered for an individual account and Amazon want to charge $39.99
Account activated and deactivated within 15 minutes
Help with activating new seller account (old one deactivated due to extended inactivity)
US - Seller Identification ISSUE PLEASE HELP!
My Account was Suspended after I created my Account
Suspended account
Account Status: Suspended
Brand new account suspended after review
My account was suspended
Selling privileges have been removed
Registration and suspend
Account suspended right after registration, appealed 3 times already
Can't open Amazon Seller account
Account suspended
Amazon suspended my EMPTY account for no reason!
We are reviewing your Amazon.com seller account
Your Amazon Selling Account Remains Deactivated (Help Needed)
Suspended Account
New register but can not sell, account has been suspended
Account suspended before getting started
New register but can not sell, account has been suspended
Your account is suspended, after registration
Compte suspendu par Amazon
Account Deactivated, We may not respond to further emails about this issue
My new account has been suspended
New non us professional account suspension
Account blocking
How to ship any open orders to avoid further impact to my account?
Suspended
My seller accaunt is suspended
I answer
We are reviewing your Amazon seller account
My account is suspended please help
Huge run around from Amazon to refund my card!
New FBA account suspended before even starting to sell
HELP! How do I get Amazon.com to respond to my questions?
Account suspended
Suspended
Account suspended immediately after opening and no answer from amazon for 3 months
Trouble with duplicating accounts
Created New Seller Account & Suspended Immediately
Account suspended without getting approved to sell
New account review and suspended
Help With New Seller Account - Account Immediately Suspended
How to start working?
Account suspended. We are reviewing your Amazon.com seller account
Account suspension problem - for almost 4 months
Suspend
We are reviewing your Amazon.com seller account
Selling privileges have been removed
Account suspended after trying to change deposit method-WHY IS AMAZON TREATING SELLERS THIS WAY?
New Account Verification - Zero Response from Seller-Performance
How do I reactivate my suspended seller account
My account suspened immidately after the regisration?
New Account Suspended Right after Creation. Need Help
Account suspension
Seller Performance wrong template for utility Bill
LLC Seller Account Suspended right after opening
"Greater detail on evidence or examples that demonstrate that your account has complied with our policy"
Seller account deactivated right after the registration
Account suspended for no reason?
Apply New account,Amazon Cheat
" and confirm there is a valid credit card on file" - New account
New seller account suspended right after opening - HELP
Seller Account banned before even selling anything?
Cuenta suspendida
Account suspended for weeks after registered as professional seller
Suspended after opening
Suspended - Not getting any reply
New Account Create and Immediately Suspended
My new account was suspended shortly after registration, privileges removed and account de-activated. HELP!
Credit Card not valid
Been waiting 30 days for Review of Suspended New account
Account suspendu
New account Suspended need help with appeal
Amazon Account Still in Review, Though I provided Docs
Deactivated account
Opened new account, suspended 20 minutes later, submitted docs, still suspended
Opened account and suspended straight away
Opening a new account
Amazon removed my seller privileges during registration
My new reigistered account has been suspended right after registration, Please help!
How to get back my $39.99? Since they canceled my selling rights the first day I registered
Account Suspended After A Misspelling Please Help
Please help! Amazon notified me that I may not be able to sell / No listings yet
How do you actually talk to a Seller Central staff?
New Amazon account suspended, then Deactivated with no reason listed
Suspended for listing used Lenovo computer
Account Suspended
Why do Amazon suspend my account for no reason and no refund
Suspended account
Account suspended when creating an account (monthly payment)
Account Deactivated even after submitting Utility Bill and Business License
Suspended since day 1, Seller Performance not responding
Account suspended
Credit Card Invalid Error
Why was I suspended as soon as my account was open
Opening a Seller Account in Amazon has become quite hard
Navigating New Seller Registration
Sellers please help! I have submitted my passport photo and credit statement 3 times, it is being rejected!
Suspension Appeals response needed
Amazon has suspended your account. Because there was no money on the card
Ask a question and get a ban
Selling privileges removed after registration
HELP! Amazon suspended account a week after my product got to FBA
Account suspended within days of opening the account
Suspended account
Urgent! help me with Amazon:)
My Account Was Suspended Immediately After Registration
Suspended account. we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com
I need Help to give amazon a complete plan for my suspended account
Seller Support team does not react
Created a new account
Account suspended immediately after registration
Account suspended
New seller account shut down immediately
URGENT HELP NEEDED! We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com
Verificantion Issue
Created a new account
Verification Issue, SUSPENDED
My account suspended,i don't know why,please help me
New seller suspention
Suspended after Registration?
Suspended account
Deactivated Account before I've even started
New seller deactivation, but somehow activated in foreign markets?
All Documents, No response for appeal
Reactive account
Account deactivated upon login
Urgent amazon account help pls
I have never been able to use my account
Account deactivated, have done everything asked of amzon, no response
How do I reactivate my account? (Replies no more and permanent blocked)
Account Suspended
Account suspended 5 mins after I was allowed to sell
Suspended
Something 100% is broken - Amazon support, please help!
Account deactivated after opening it
IP Complaint Retraction, is there a proper template?
Suspended account- (NEW SELLER)
New seller created 2 accounts, suspended for both accounts. Managed to get 1st account reinstated, need help closing 2nd account
90 Day Appeal Exceeded
Problems with activating account
Suspending of account without communication since 9th of July
Account Suspended-Utility Bill
Roll Call on Deactivated New Seller Accounts
An open letter to Forum Mods
Account suspended in first 5 minutes
Seller Account Deactivated for
Seller application stalled...no help from Amazon...any ideas please?
Seller Account Can't Get Verified
Account Suspended upon created
Suspended for 4 months, Don't know reasons yet.HELP!
No answers what so ever from amazon
Account Suspended-Utility Bill
Account Reactivation
Account suspended
Your account has been deactivated
Account suspended
Account Suspension After Creating (New Seller)
New account suspension
Amazon Seller deactivation with no follow up
My account got suspended and I can't get an reply from Amazon
My account is continously getting suspended I didn't even start selling products yet
Removal of selling privileges minutes after the account was created
Account Suspended Less the 30 Minutes after being charge 39.99
Suspended Account right after activation even though not selling yet

MODERATORS _______

I wish posters would look learn to use the forums and do searches before posting. This same question comes up multiple times on a daily basis.
There MUST BE a resolution to this.
Maybe that spyglass needs to change to SEARCH THE FORUM
Getting ridiculous!!

Brand new account suspended after review
Reactivate my account
Suspended Account

I’d like to ditto CJ’s request.

Maybe that spyglass needs to change to SEARCH THE FORUM

I always get a kick out of posters are idiots comments. It is a open forum, they can ask the question and you can choose to not answer it or not even read it and move on… or… just maybe, link them to a post where it is covered… Just, IMHO…

I am regularly helping my friends to register to sell on Amazon.com (using debit card as the charge method, providing documents in Slovak language) and I have never seen this suspension so it definitely doesn’t apply to all newly registered Pro Sellers.

There must be something wrong with the information or documents which the seller submitted to trigger the new seller suspension and account review.

"We may not respond to further emails about this issue"

Thank you @Oneida_Books for the detailed instructions.

Could I clarify one thing:
- If you have active listings, include copies of invoices, receipts, contracts or delivery orders from your supplier issued in the last 90 days

Does this mean that I only need to send these documents IF I have active listings on Amazon?

Yes that is what it means. No listings then no invoices …

@oneida_books How does one create a continuous image of a 2-sided driver’s license, for instance? I can paste 2 images together using paint.net or something like that, but am afraid the jpg output will be considered a “screenshot”. The term screenshot is ambiguous to me.

*trying to submit the needed documentation for this new textbook hoop they’re making us jump through.

May I ask if you have access to a modern business-management software suite that Amazon considers acceptable? Amazon, like most any other global corporate conglomerate, prefers Microsoft offerings such as the Office suite.

If so, I would suggest that the simplest & most-reliable method for doing this would be to insert pictures of both sides into a properly-formatted Word Document and exporting it (“Save As”) an Adobe .pdf (“Portable Document File”); we ourselves have had no difficulties in submitting documentation in that fashion.

Ah, duh. Didn’t think of using Word b/c of the advice above, but, like you point out, that’s only if the saved format is .doc. PDF works from there. Thanks!

You are most welcome, User! If you don’t mind, I suspect that I will not be the only member of our Seller Community interested to see that your Identity Verification process was successful. As Oneida created this particular thread more as a tutorial post than otherwise, I would suggest that such a confirmation of your success would be better-placed over in @Mortuus_Books’ ID Verification thread that you’ve been posting to today:

Agree…moving replies there. Thanks.

Got it - thank you!

Hey Rob hello

How are you doing ?
The vendor name and address appear in the document? Utility
gas, electricity, water bill does not accept?

Very nice of you to write out!

I opened a second account after my first one got suspended before reading this :frowning:

In your experience will that prolong my account approval process or lead to me not being able to open one at all?

The day I opened my account was suspend
Closing my Account Help Please!

I had an old account from 8 years ago and then forgot about it. The old account suspended becasue I did not respond to a customer complain but since I never sold again I had never realized and never fixed it. This year I opened one to sell full time and they found out I had an old account that was suspended and so they closed my new account due to being associated with an account that was suspened, What do I do???

split this topic #18

A post was merged into an existing topic: Waste Collection Utility Bill

This thread is informative.

If you need help please start a new thread. You can tag me, @Oneida_Books, if you like but there are many others who can help you in the forums.

@Oneida_Books

Thank you for your advice, this is all very helpful. Couple of questions:

1. I opened a second account after my first one got suspended before reading this. In your experience would this prolong my account approval process or lead to me not being able to open one at all?
  2. I can 100% confirm that ALL of my documents align and have submitted a appeal with my utility bill 2.5 weeks ago and haven’t heard back. Is this a bad sign? Have you heard of people getting a positive response after this long of a wait?

Thank you!

Account suspended due to linked accounts