user profile
Sign in
user profile

IND9 Checking in Orders, Abandoning them and then marking as CLOSED

by Seller_0knfTAMKBm6fh

I have had multiple orders shipped to IND9 (which they pretty much make me send 70-80% of all my FBA) that are either checked in and then closed with 0 items ever received or a small portion of them (probably 1 box out of x in the order) received. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any solutions? I feel like this is outright theft at this stage and am worried this is going to continually happen in the near future.

Tags: FBA, INR (item not received), Lost shipment
117 replies
117 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW
In reply to: Seller_0knfTAMKBm6fh's post

have any of them reached the reconcile date? Have you tried reconciling any of them yet? If so, what happened?
I’ve not had much problem with this sort of thing yet. I did have one shipment come up one item short, when it got time to reconcile I sent the invoice showing that I had purchased such items and I was reimbursed for it.
I did have one order that was worrying me because some items had not gotten checked in and it seemed that whole boxes must have been transferred before getting checked in and they had vanished from the inbound tally. Luckily when we got to the reconcile date the items suddenly appeared (though apparently the reason they vanished from the inbound tally was that a random catalog change had stranded them and I had to fix the Category (item type) before the listing became available again!)
Anyway, keep your documentation in order so that when you can reconcile it will be easy to send the info in and hopefully they “find” your items or they reimburse you for the money you would have made.

user profile
Seller_rTXEzms458uPY

I’ve had this happen. Right now I have one box of 300 units that they scanned 13 of three weeks ago and then abandoned. This happened last month and eventually it all got scanned in after the reconciliation date was pushed. The reconciliation date for the most recent open box is tomorrow. We’ll see if they push it. So frustrating.

user profile
Seller_bLjjUk5lSv4L7

I posted previously there is some kind of glitch at Indy but can’t get any answers. All 3 of my shipments in June said “1 Case of 96 Units sent” which is not at all what I sent. And not what the shipping shows.

My first shipment was finally received and said only 2 cases instead of 3. I had to do a reconcile and am waiting on results. They did say if they can’t find it they will reimburse me.

Now my other 2 shipments are showing 1 case missing in each shipment. Not officially missing yet; but I can see it coming as both have only checked in 2 cases.

I feel sure it has to do with the glitch on the dashboard that shows 1 case of 96 units instead of 3 cases of 32 units for a total of 96.

user profile
Seller_0knfTAMKBm6fh

Any way to get a mod to help or anything? This is outright theft at this point. Now they are auto reconciling and just claiming nothing was in the packages and no way to appeal it. This is absurd. Here is what the items say that were missing in a recently closed shipment:

Investigation Completed - shipment contents counted and confirmed

They are just marking zero for each item.

user profile
Seller_goUrCl6GL1OSP

I have the same problem. From Delivered to Closed. And all my inventory is zero. Yesterday supposed to be reconcile date, yet till now I cannot perform this action, and the CS reply always the same.

user profile
Seller_48UUWRpG3mKoV

I have the exact same issue at IND9. I shipped 2 packages containing 12 units each for a total of 24 units. Both are marked as Delivered, but only one was checked-in and received. Under the “Reconcile” tab, it says 24 were shipped, 12 were received, for a discrepancy of -12. The status/action column says “Investigation Completed - shipment contents counted and confirmed”

I opened a case with customer service, who submitted a ticket for someone to investigate. 2 days later, I received this email response:

"Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

I understand that you would like us to investigate for the units of the Shipment ID : FBA*******SR5

Please understand that when we receive shipments with quantity discrepancies, we automatically initiate an investigation on your behalf for the items in your shipment.

As part of this investigation, we perform a second, physical count to reconfirm the quantity of the items received. Items are marked “Investigation Completed – shipment contents counted and confirmed” when we have completed the investigation.

We have completed an additional check in response to your request. We have no record of receiving the units in question.

To help us continually improve, we ask that you take a moment to complete our survey below to tell us about your experience with this specific interaction.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?"

My request is now marked as “Answered”. I suspect I’ll have to reach out to customer service again and keep trying to get traction on this issue. Does anyone have any advice on how to navigate this issue to get reimbursed for the products Amazon acknowledges were “delivered” but they lost?

user profile
Seller_0knfTAMKBm6fh

I filed claims on 2 of my shipments as well. Exact same situation. I suspect I will have the exact same answer. Can a mod or anyone provide some advice for this? I have 2 or 3 more shipments that look like this is going to happen to as well? I am not really willing to just chalk it up as a “loss” because Amazon can’t figure out what they did with all the stuff when they were backed up. Can anyone help???

user profile
Seller_Zkg3mASvkYz65

Thanks for starting this discussion. I also have two shipments to IND9 with missing items. Both shipments were sent in June. I just began a reconciliation on the first shipment, which they appear to have lost 3 of the 9 boxes. The second shipment has 1 of 2 boxes missing.

44 of the items missing from the first shipment are marked as " Investigation Completed - shipment contents counted and confirmed" But clearly, they could have not been investigated because they never opened the boxes they are in.

I am hoping Amazon will fix the problem as these are all handmade items. I don’t know how they will determine the value of them, since I am the manufacturer and I don’t have a 3rd party invoice to prove their cost. I am afraid to send in any more items to FBA, which is a bummer because this part of my business was actually doing well during the covid-19 shutdowns.

user profile
Seller_4h7M3IEISe8pN

We have had the same problems. All of our June shipments to IND9 are about half or less than half received and now closed, without the opportunity to reconcile. We are in a state of panic, well over 1000 items worth well over 25-30k and not sure how to proceed.

user profile
Seller_RdIH274TkCegz

I’ve been on Amazon 5 years and I’m 100 percent FBA. This situation has been getting worse and worse ever since they instituted the investigation completed BS that is nothing more than an automated canned response. Since May they are missing 100’s of items worth over 15k and I don’t think they are done “losing” stuff yet. I’m also paying off my 13th Amazon loan and I guess they don’t mind lending me money and then stealing my inventory. And I don’t care what anyone says. THIS IS STEALING! What do you think happens to this inventory? Do you think Amazon doesn’t take full advantage of these lost items? They don’t just disappear. And they don’t take responsibility. Stealing.

Go to original post