user profile
Sign in
user profile

Inauthentic Complaints

by Seller_eB0JzpuLTkFHf

Hello,

I sell Funko on Amazon. I buy directly from Funko and their authorized retailers such as Target, Walmart, FYE, etc (for exclusives).

I got two complaints from two different ASINs saying that the product was fake. These products I bought directly from Target and FYE in person. Since I sent them into FBA it is possible that Amazon sent them the same item that another seller sent in which could be fake right?

I’m not too sure what to do as I have a ton of invoices from Funko and receipts from Target. However Amazon does not accept receipts and the items that I sold are on the receipts.

I’m expecting a call from Amazon Health Support now and I’m really worried. Has this ever happened to you? Were you able to sell on Amazon again after this?

Tags: ASIN
65 replies
65 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_2sSWhvyZsq56v
In reply to: Seller_eB0JzpuLTkFHf's post

If they are labeled with an Amazon FNSKU then they can track your items. If just using a The UPC code a mixing with other sellers merch is possible

user profile
Seller_DfAeHWHwOZExX

The issue isn’t that the goods are necessarily “inauthentic”. The issue more likely than not is different.

1. Do you have the brand’s consent to sell their items on Amazon.

2. That consent would be divided into 2 parts.

3. The goods you bought from them?

4. The goods you bought from Target & Walmart?

user profile
Seller_etzuR2VWGFKtX

What you are doing is considered Retail Arbitrage (RA) which is considered a big no-no especially when it comes to establishing whether something is fake or not. You didn’t buy it directly from the company, which makes your items considered NOT NEW if that is how you listed them. If they were still sporting their Target, etc. price tags, buyers in the know would complain.

user profile
Seller_QoW8wxs8UQtfw
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

There are sellers whose opinion I respect who say Funko permits RA.

There are sellers who are probably not lying when they say that Amazon has reinstated their account based on receipts from mass market retailers.

Based on the posts I have seen over a long period of time, RA leads to suspensions. Reinstatement is more difficult with retail receipts, often impossible, and sellers who practice RA need to expect longer interruptions in their revenue stream and possible loss of their product.

Some folks choose to live with greater risk than others. Sellers get to decide how much risk they want. Do not think RA is risk free.

user profile
Seller_hmlKuSaVSQxgF

We can see & hear your pain. We have a similar inauthentic but it’s as seller posing as a buyer & gave 3 consecutive bad rating saying, bad, no good seller & very bad & complained he wants his money back as it’s fake. So, we asked to ship it back & they have not but the " Seller Performance" send us a notice of removal o the item.

We’re in a process of sending them invoice. This seller is out of USA & sadly to say 96% certainty it’s Chinese.

user profile
Seller_uhJ23NzDVoR1R

The whole point here is that once your get an inauthentic claim thats it, all is said and done, amazon will ask you to provide INVOICES not receipts, directly from either the manufacturer or a reputable wholesale place that has authorization to sell those items, they dont care if your purchased these items from major retailers like target costco or whatever, receipts mean nothing to them.
Unless you can cough those up, or completely stop selling them, theres nothing that can really be done, at least not that i know of.
They take these very seriously, so take this into consideration.

user profile
Seller_sTgGOqCIbR03d

This sounds like a commingling problem to me.

Moral of the story: don’t ever commingle your products. Too many risks involved.

user profile
Seller_NedDESxCGw9f6

What I find soooo crazy is that you can list an item and without it even selling, an inauthentic complaint can be filed and placed against your account!?!?!?

How can a complaint be filed and held against someone if the item hasn’t even sold to verify its not real or “fake”

Still to this day I do not understand this!?!

99% of the time its just a competitor filing a false claim to eliminate a competitor…

user profile
Seller_NedDESxCGw9f6

I’m pretty confidence there is no way to contact them except via email…Wouldn’t hold your breath to expect a call from them…

Go to original post