user profile
Sign in
user profile

Inaccurate Shipping Times using Shipping Setting Automation UPS

by Seller_QqDVZq2DoY9wC

I am having an issue where Amazon is giving inaccurate shipping times (by 1-2 days) for my orders and therefore I am losing the buy box because of this.

Example:
-General Shipping Setting has same-day shipping for orders before 2 pm (by the way, this is also off by one hour for no reason)
-The shipping template also has same-day shipping checked.
-Using Amazon Shipping Setting Automation for UPS. Only using UPS Ground and only Continental US States
-Shipping to our own business address (which should be 1 day if ordered by 2 pm) is showing 2 days.
-Shipping to California (farthest distance) is 5 days when it should be 4 days.
-Shipping to Florida is 5 days when it should be three days.

Amyone have any thoughts on this?

Tags: Address
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_4RRTjOpWG0qkj
In reply to: Seller_QqDVZq2DoY9wC's post

Amazon’s help/suggestions are as useful as ”clippy” was on Word.
If you know your times and distances (which can be checked by going to google and typing “ups ground map” and then entering the zip code), then set the days and regions on the shipping template ignoring Amazon.
Amazon muddles things.

user profile
Seller_hA060q8nqygew

General Shipping Setting has same-day shipping for orders before 2 pm (by the way, this is also off by one hour for no reason)

It’s always an hour earlier than what you set, to allow time for the order to clear. I couldn’t easily find the help page that spells that out, but it’s how it’s always been.

If you changed your handling time to Same-Day just recently, it may not be fully implemented yet. I tested changing the handling time setting this way once, and it took about 24 hours to be fully implemented when I changed it from 2 days to 1 day, and took up to 3 full days, to be fully implemented when I switched it back.

When you change it inside the shipping template instead, that takes about 5 hours to go into effect.

I’m guessing you were expecting instant results, and the system is still using your old handling times for some of your offers. Can you check your ship-by dates - do they all show must ship by tomorrow?

A less likely possibility is that Amazon is padding your delivery times.

Amazon maintains the right (they shouldn’t, but…) to manipulate our delivery promises is any way they see fit. Typically, if you have some late deliveries, Amazon decides that your (their) shipping promises must not be accurate, so they ‘pad’ them by adding a day or two or three.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

For maybe 5 years, Amazon’s cutoff is an hour earlier than what you show. This gives the 30 minute normal pending time plus a little extra.

Amazon has often over the last 2-3 years, randomly added extra padding days to the delivery time shown to the buyer. Nothing new here. Yes, at times those with less than 97% on time delivery seem to be “punished” more than others.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post