user profile
Sign in
user profile

In the event your customers ask about refunds or canceled orders

by Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

Heads Up!

Amazon is now withholding FBA refunds up to 14 days after the item is returned.

Additionally, orders that are canceled, prior to shipment, FBA or FBM, will stay pending on the buyers card for 21 days.

Imagine the amount of interest Amazon may stand to accumulate.

Stay safe, stay calm, stay home!

Tags: Cancelled order, FBA
49 replies
49 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_sUfyk7ajzPzny
In reply to: Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy's post

Gotta make up for lost revenue somehow

user profile
Seller_6OsesY3hG3cXy

Things are changing in the B&M retail world right now, too.

• Buying limits
  • No returns for essential items
  • No rainchecks on sales/store coupons if items are not in stock.

Not exactly the same, but still these are policies that have not been seen for decades in the big box world. It’s been a hay-day for the spoiled consumer in the USA.
Not no mo.

user profile
Seller_gQYj2zQCuoz6y

I am going out to work every day in Brooklyn NY. I manage the production of a mid size commercial bakery in my daytime job. It is an essential job. Folks need bread and cake too.

It is scary. Some of our employees were sent home because they have fever.
We do everything we can. All door handles, bathrooms, faucets, etc. are sanitized at lease once every hour. We all wear face masks. We have a big stock of disposable gloves because we used them even before the outbreak. But this virus is highly contagious.
Stay healthy everyone.
This too shall pass!

user profile
Seller_2sSWhvyZsq56v

What About FBM?
Is the system still auto-refunding in 48 hours of it being marked received back?

user profile
Seller_rF5ZdzS4Mz4dO

This is interesting. On a side note - we received our last dispersal instantly. Like the second amazon notified of the payout it was immediately posted in our bank account. Anybody else notice this?

user profile
Seller_D4EBL6QZsoNGN

no

user profile
Seller_WQj6Zg0jH6DBA

I think this blunder on Amazon’s part will benefit the cc more than Amazon since the money is merely blocked on the buyer’s open credit. The transaction doesn’t actually complete until shipment.

But, I agree that it will hurt the buyers and that the buyers will howl!

I, personally, have ~$2,200 in pending purchases @ Quill. About half have been cancelled as “item unavailable” and the others just seem to be merely “stuck”. It hasn’t been quite 14 days yet but pushing 10 since the cancellation notices. With all the other financial pressures, “pending-holds” can get ugly fast.

Amazon should be better than this.

user profile
Seller_5DrrKeHsDwIGT

Thats why I do merchant fulfill not fba. It is easier and I can keep track better.

user profile
Seller_UQjenYt7kVICZ

Bakeries are not essential in an emergency or everyday life. Stay home.

user profile
Seller_dPx3vs4ojoIMW

Amazon is not hurting for money. Amazon does more than provide this marketplace.

I know first hand that there are a ton of recent orders for Citrix licenses, for running off-prem (Amazon EC2, AWS, GPC, etc). My organizations quote for more licenses was back burner-ed due to the recent demand for licensing by much larger organizations. I’m talking orders of several thousand + orders in my state alone which were being prioritized according to our rep.

What Amazon looses on their selling platform, they will more than make up for in billing for all the additional compute capacity being utilized by the increase of cloud-based telework demand around the globe right now.

Go to original post