In order to further protect our customers’ personal information, this page does not display the buyer’s name

In order to further protect our customers’ personal information, this page does not display the buyer’s name.

This recently appeared on my order pages.

Another bad idea implemented that will hurt 3rd party sellers.

Why does amazon do these things without consulting sellers before hand?

Heres why it is a bad idea.

It will prevent sellers from seeing buyers who not real customers but who are copyright bullies that buy sellers products only to discredit the seller and make false claims.

I have been the victim of many many fraudulent buyers that work for manufacturers or are the manufacturer itself trying to get sellers products delisted.

Only by noting who the buyer is was I able to defend my account of their fraudulent practices.

This new policy is completely unnecessary, whats the point??? you can still see the shipping address.

Sellers should be able to see who the buyer is. Is it a manufacturer, a competitor, a real customer, a repeat amazon policy abuser, we need to know this information to protect our accounts.

Why is amazon striving to drive all 3rd party sellers off the site?

We found this to be a stupid action on Amazon’s part, too. If the item is sent to the actual buyer, their name and full address is on the packing slip. The only buyer who you are blinded from, is the buyer who uses the seller to drop ship items for them. :train2:

Making me wonder if this isn’t just another example of pandering to the bookjackers. They will be the beneficiaries.

Has anyone figured out what this is? On orders that state as such, we are still seeing the address, and the contact info for the buyer, including their name. What exactly does this mean? I second the notion that this should not be implemented without consultation. If this is a measure to allow bad faith buyers to hide their identity, it’s a major faux pas on Amazon’s part.

Well, that’s going to make things more difficult when referencing returns and removing our cost basis, and also make it harder to keep track of our shipped packages. I cross them off as they are delivered, guess I use an order number now.

Are they also removing the names from the shipping labels??? :joy:

You know…the package can actually get delivered with just the bar code…one day I guess amazon will take us there

Probably a by-product of their decision to pander to the EU.

I do not care.
I never look there anyway.
What’s the difference. they are Amazon buyers.

Probably to protect the drop shippers.

Just saw that sorry SELLC seems we have the same idea

They are all hidden!

We keep our product users information to assist them when contacting us and keeping track of orders so REFUNDING can be stopped on our site. They are using OUR product and we have the right to keep the info in our records.

No, you don’t unless you agreed about that with customer in sales contract.

In order to further protect our customers’ personal information, we will no longer be providing a shipping name and/or address.

Thank you for selling with Amazon.

That system has been tried, and eventually discarded.

By Barnes & Noble and by Alibris.

Really, then explain to me why we were given this information since we opened our store in 2016. And now suddenly it is an issue…

No shipping name on the label would mean no one would really know who the package is for once it’s delivered.
Imagine sending orders to a business with 1000 employees, or even a household around Christmas with many members ordering gifts for one another.

Sounds like this will be causing chaos for many customers.

Amazon may provide you with any information if they want and when they want. That does not mean you have right to access same information when you want.

They provided me with the customer’s return information taped to a product I’d ordered a few weeks ago.
Oops :grimacing:

I see the buyer’s first name, just the last name is missing and we can still contact the buyer. I am not sure why amazon did this?

Not even close to being a legitimate answer.