I'm leaving too

I have been selling on Amazon since it was called Amazon auctions - you do the math. I was never a huge seller, but Amazon did help me pay my bills and a mortgage which was good enough for me. I honestly thought as long as Amazon allows me to sell I would do it. Lately, however, due to a small minority of customers who have all the power to put your account in danger I am quitting. It has become unbearable and bad for my health.

I should say that I am an international seller and as you can imagine problems with packages being lost, being late or simply fraud due to international tracking is probably more common that what US sellers experience. Regardless, my issue is not with customers - even the bad ones… my issue is with amazon treating me like dirt.

I will honestly miss selling here as I absolutely love researching and looking for things that could sell, but I am just tired… very tired of this.

Good luck everyone.

Hello every!

Pretty much on way out too in coming months because of fake sellers. Good luck to you.

Very sad…Good luck

Sorry to see you go. I hate to see long time sellers leave but understand your frustrations. Maybe one of the other platforms will work for you like Ebay so you can continue what you love. Good luck and enjoy whatever you decide.

Sad news, respect your decision. wish you luck

Maybe a good decision. When honey starts up or they may have already, the buy box is going to be a joke. For those who does not know about honey it is a new website ran as I read it by Amazon. It will give the customer the lowest price for the item. The buy box will show but honey will also front and center show the lowest price always. you can use your Prime when ordering from this site

Amazon outgrows many people/companies

Nill outgrow Amazon

One must always be looking for your next incarnation.
In e-com, the only thing more certain than change is rapid change.
I’ve been at this since 2001, and I’m presently operating under v5.0.
Amazon has been my primary revenue source for about 5 years, which means it’s about time to move on.
I can see the decline - the marketplace has matured, as they say, and they keep raising fees while putting more and more burdens on sellers (much as eBay did 15 years ago).
Good luck to you, I hope you find a new way to sell

bye

not only you feel this way.

amazon for sure is to big today and it seem to me they do not wish to deal with small sellers.

the latest policy updates like

• free return regardless of fault (yea i know i may deduct it from the refund but amaZon will not back me for the feedback i will get on that)
  • non feedback removal (regardless how right you are like FBA or Clearly a product review)

this and some more rukes are made to drive out small sellers who depend on clean feedback - and a more sensible return policy

feel your pain should god (which the worlds money is his’s) subsidize you from another end

Can you provide a link to these policy changes?
I know Amazon removed its own feedback recently. It sounds like no matter what you will buy from us or we are the number one, 100% positive.

It’s sad that this is the reaction of so many sellers. Can only handle so much of the emotional pain. Good luck to you.

It’s a tough game, no one says otherwise. What I have found to be very interesting is the way each person designs and devises their own existence here. Years from now, we will all be considered the pioneers in the emergence of online retailing. We are a silent majority, quiet, hidden and practically unknown. But a lot of orders are being shipped by third parties sellers like us. And as mentioned above, each has developed their own strategies and styles. As a anthropologist, that is the piece of this puzzle that never ceases to fascinate me. I wish everyone well, those who leave, those who stay, etc.

I’m sorry to see a good seller go. Such a sad thing, but Amazon’s percentage of bad sellers will continue to rise for the reason you stated. Amazon does not care about third party sellers anymore. They see us as a problem and not a solution and business partner.

I’ll probably maintain my presence here, but I’m only bringing many new products online on other venues. I’ve been looking at products I sell here that I’m regularly scammed on, or products where Amazon customers can’t seem to read the product details and products with excessive returns (customers trying my mechanical components out to see if it solves their mechanical problem - throwing parts at things) and removing those products.

I rarely have problems on eBay. There’s something to be said for lowering my stress levels in this day and age.

You can edit your international sales to ship only to more reliable countries, for me that’s most English speaking countries, most of Europe, Japan and some other Asian countries. Most late mail problems are South and Central America, the ex-Soviet countries and probably others that I never get orders from. Shipments to these places almost always arrive, but often too slow for Amazon’s standards.

I used to recommend selling here and on eBay, but not any longer. It is a tough game and it gets tougher each and every day.

Ebay is a nightmare listings that show only parts of the month larger fees. more problem buyers. Amazon is the best still yes it is not perfect. I am closing my ebay down but keeping the amazon.

Very sorry to see you go.
My very best wishes to you with any future endeavors.

I feel your pain ; I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be around.
I’ve kept my account going because I promised my deceased husband that I’d give it my best shot . He opened up shop in 2007. I’ve been on my own since 2011.
But after many hours of contemplation, I’ve decided that even he would do the same given how things are right now. It truly breaks my heart to leave.
But, at least Amazon will be happy…It seems that’s all that matters now-a-days.

:broken_heart:

Your health is more important, It was good source of income for the past years, for some others it is still their main source of income, Take some time to find the inner peace and i am sure you will find another good source of income, God Bless.

Years ago, most of the replies to you would have been “Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya”. No longer. We’re all ready to jump ship with you. Selling on Amazon has become a terrible experience. I received another return “request” yesterday. Return postage paid by the very generous Amazon. No questions asked of the buyer. Best of luck in the future and feel better.