user profile
Sign in
user profile

I work and sell for a 102 year old company that operates like its still 1916

by Seller_ZwzyAE18A7aXC

They still do everything on paper and are freaking out about online sales. I have been able to boost sales considerably since selling on Amazon however the owners do not know how to translate Amazon sales into the companies antique bookkeeping practice. As it stands the companies theory is that I print out every individual sales invoice and then write that as a company invoice which is a huge waste of time, on average I move 1000 units per pay period. They are under the impression that for tax and audit purposes any money that comes in must be accounted for by their own invoice. Does anyone else have issues like this? What other way can I do this besides spending 10 hours printing every other week?

Tags: Payments, Taxes
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_uIGXPpS2kOOX2
In reply to: Seller_ZwzyAE18A7aXC's post

Are they also doing their own taxes? If they had an accountant review these unnecessary steps and tell them it is a waste of energy might work more than having you explain it to them.

user profile
Seller_42oqmKCfvIF9B

I would get a nice computer with Quickbooks or some other accounting software and give them a demonstration on it’s efficiency…How all invoices can be saved on the harddrive with backups etc…

If they audited by the IRS, a simple thumbdrive is easier to haul into the IRS building than Boxes of paper invoices…

user profile
Seller_9I26CpItIyjcn

I would jump ship LOL

user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988

Just download the transactions for safe keeping- and all they need is the paper print out of sales reports for taxes.

I process 30,000 transactions per year- can you imagine if I get audited me towing in a truck full of papers? no way
I keep everything on a flash drive with my sales reports print outs.
Thats all you need.

user profile
Seller_A0KCgPl4TCrKU
This post has been deleted
There are no more posts to display
Go to original post