user profile
Sign in
user profile

I didn't ask for the small business sign, how do I get rid of it?

by Seller_ERFs9dRLIPzjO

At my last job I had to do a lot of research on marketing. Each generation has very different shopping patterns. Most of my customers are baby boomers, they trust larger companies more than they do small companies. Amazon all of a sudden slapped a small business sign all over my profile, and even when you search the product. My sales have actually gone down as a consequence. I feel Amazon is using it for their own marketing trying to show they give opportunities to small business, but I didn’t ask for it. How do I get rid of it? Anyone knows?

Tags: Search
45 replies
45 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd
In reply to: Seller_ERFs9dRLIPzjO's post

Sorry, but I have not seen what your are asking about. A screenshot would help. You can simply paste it to the forum.

Sorry, but I have seen on other places, are you black owned, women owned? We’ll let everyone know.

Sure, I identify with that. No, I did not do it. But, I am sure many have. Wife, says, we are women owned. Just need to nudge the 50/50 to 51/49. What do the old movies show, the lawyer states something along the lines of hand me a dollar.

user profile
Seller_OxjIxwlMmwmlP

Wish I knew how to get rid of it as well so if you find out in the future, please share with your friends.

Not really interested in being classified as a small business either in the category we are in. Also, we are technically part of a gigantic business so it’s not true either.

user profile
Seller_rI7BZIczK8iAC

Do you mean the people that are today aged 60 - 70? Born in the sixties.

user profile
Seller_tMyKiUS8hP3Ug
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_754YckIc2OBns

The reason Amazon pulls this kind of crap is to squeeze and suppress as many sellers as possible and steal their market share.

user profile
Gary_Amazon

@PatW,

Thank you for posting the concern with the Small Business program in Seller Forums. To follow up on your OP, were you able to get the program feature removed from your listings after opening a case with Seller Support?

I’m happy to look into this for you if your case was closed without resolution.

Thank you,
Gary

user profile
Seller_9v05N4PANTYlc

Interesting, tried checking to see if my small business has the small business badge. Instead I have a local badge.

user profile
Seller_9ZT9ze987D669

We provided that information later in the case.

user profile
Seller_WVxwoDsePiOrR

I just contacted Seller Support to have the Small Business Badge removed from our listings. For the majority of Amazon buyers I can see this just being confusing. Selling 3rd party with FBA, customer feel like they are buying from Amazon and that gives them security. This badge tells them they are not buying from Amazon. And if they wanted to buy small business, they wouldn’t be on Amazon.

user profile
Gary_Amazon

@Silver_Moon_Jewelry:

I examined your case provided in the reply above, and see that the issue was opened yesterday. The case is awaiting a response from the support contact Angelo. However, I proceeded with the escalation, in an attempt to get you a faster resolution. I will have more information on the timeline by the end of day today.

Thank you for your patience.
-Gary

Go to original post