How to Stop Listings Being Deactivated Due to Pricing Alerts

stop the fear mongering and belittling others simple php script to update it will take a few minutes for a basic php guy in parents basment

You revive a six-month dead thread for that?

Boo! Hiss!

I have an item not available anywhere online. The book says Out of print. I have been selling the book for $35 for a number of years as I have multiple copies. Now Amazon is telling me that the book has been deactivated for the price. I researched using google and nobody has these books for sale. Why is the system flagging my book now? I have the only copies.

$479.88 a year from 500,000 sellers = almost 24mil$ and that covers nothing…BS

Only solution is use collectible. Amazon won’t help you.

I tried that it doesn’t work. :frowning:

I have been selling for years an out of print book for $35 that I happen to have multiple copies of. Recently I have been blocked from selling any copies due to the price bots and there are still no listings available on Amazon or anywhere else. This is definitely a bot issue.

@marksbookslikenew I am curious if the RRP is being used by Amazon as a cap for your listing despite lack of availability. Is there any way for you to confirm this?

Can you explain what you mean by “doesn’t work”?

Do you get an error message…or what?

What is RRP?

I listed it as a collectible as suggested and the bots did the same thing and said that my $35 price is too high even though there are no listings available anywhere online and I choose collectible as suggested to list the book.

RRP:
The list price, also known as the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP), or the recommended retail price ( RRP ), or the suggested retail price (SRP) of a product is the price at which the manufacturer recommends that the retailer sell the product. The intention was to help standardize prices among locations.

I am wondering if a low historic RRP is being used as a reference which is rendering your price too high. This reference should be easy to find from a distributor or Amazon’s API.

The new normal is to wake up every day to another list of overnight deactivations.

That’s concerning. Are you sure you selected collectible? I did the same thing only to realize I had selected the standard “like new” option by habit and of course it kicked out again.

Well, I was hoping for any answer but that.

If this ill-conceived bot (or employee) is now attempting to control that market, there are even bigger issues ahead.

Lol. Absolutely positively selected collectible. While we are on the topic Amazon has literally told me on two of my books that I was not allowed to sell them because the books “Violated the restricted products policy”. So when does selling books on Amazon become a restricted product? This is not a joke its real. One book exposes the new world order the other book the connection of Zionists to communism in Russian history. Since when does information whether or not you agree with the content become banned. Thats called book burning. These books are available on other book selling sites.

I have been selling this book for years at $35 as I have many copies with no competition and even when I put the price at $1.00 it would not let me list it so that knocks that theory out of the ball park.

@marksbookslikenew to understand this logic we need to ignore the past activity. Do you mind confirming if you are seeing a high prince error even when you list your book at USD 1?

When a book is Blocked, it does not matter what price is set.
Mine had High Price Alerts only, then some became HPA and Blocked.
So I have taken the blocked ones from Inactive and will dispose of elsewhere.

@gr8t153 I can confirm that is not correct. It will remain blocked until it is priced within the accepted range that is the reason I asked my previous question.