How to Stop Listings Being Deactivated Due to Pricing Alerts

The issue isn’t some magic range. It’s selling books at an appropriate price FOR THAT BOOK. My ASP on books for the last week is over $16. Your problem is not that you refuse to meet some magic requirement, it’s that you source worthless books, overprice them, then blame others for your lack of sales.

Any reasonable person would leave a losing game. There is nothing i can do to stop Amazon from violating its own rules, stealing from me and forcing me to work to serve its aims without regard for the damage done to me. Am i supposed to pay Amazon for the privilege of breaking my back and working every waking moment to run my business? No one can "adapt " to these circumstances and survive.

How can a book be overpriced when the copy I had for sale was the only one being offered? Well, if I was a potential customer looking for it, I would be quite disappointed! Come on Mr Bezos, lets get this fixed!

I tend to think it is the ABE factor, Amz needing to get some traction for sellers that went to ABE after AMZ bought them. Other is the AMZ itself selling books and deciding they will keep the BB. Also AMZ is becoming the Dollar Store of the internet.

I have clothing listings where I have matched other sellers’ prices, some below Amazon price, and my listing is still deactivated for Potential High Pricing Error. Seller support has me jump through hoops relisting, using template to update pricing, telling me to wait 24 hours… It’s not their fault, the bot has gone wild and the humans have no common sense override button.

Just so I’m clear, none of the options provided by Seller Support has succeeded in reactivating my listings.

Another real issue your point highlights is the large number of relisters offering ‘new’ copies of books long out of print, who then ship used copies they source post-order.

If your observations are accurate, this used as new scam not only allows them to defraud buyers, but will result in legitimate sellers having their listing booted - or more accurately BOTTED, off the site.

You need to Set a “minimum Price” and “maxium Price” from within Manage Inventory

If you do not see the columns for them - upper right - “Preferences: X ColumnsHidden”

Click on this - add the needed columns - save

Then depending if your alerts are coming cause price to low

Set a Minimum price

and if Opposite - alerts coming cause your too high - set a Maxium price

James

You are a day late and a dollar short.

As these related threads point out repeatedly during their course, these actions are not prevented by using min/max fields.

We’d all wish that was the answer :disappointed_relieved:. It’s now a full year since this bot has been unleashed.

I have a couple items that got removed for “potential pricing errors” these are listings I have had for a while and have not had issues with until recently. I never set any minimum or maximum prices for either item and one is the cheapest for it’s condition. Amazon seller support tells me it is priced too high based on my maximum price…

Is there currently any way to fix these, or is it simply pull the listing and sell elsewhere?

I have the same thing.
Amazon told me there are other sites (ie. Wal-Mart, eBay, etc) that have lower prices and that is why my listings were suppressed.

Some Sellers are Suspended…Some of Us are on “Double Secret Suspension”…:sob: :grimacing: :exploding_head:

If you’re not the Cheapest & Selling at a Loss you’re NOT Selling on AZ.

I suspect I’ve made my LAST Sale on AZ…Just Watching to See How Grotesque it Gets…:grin: :smiling_imp:

Search other threads over the last two days. This is a Bot working to cheapen prices. The only thing I have found to work is to go low enough to get listings active again. Some are just not worth it, less than $10, so delist and be done.
Once I set price I have left the listing alone.
Not only happening in Media.

Happening here too. I’ll set lowest to 1.00 and highest to 1111 and it will never list it again and email me over and over for the same items, even if I am the only one that has it available. This is the most alerts I’ve ever seen, which leads me to believe that Janet-the-Bot is on the fritz as of lately. In the past if I set these numbers as above it relisted and stopped alerting me the same thing. I do not want to lower the prices and there should be a way to opt out of this, feature-wise, but I don’t believe there is any option other than just giving up listing it, as @gr8t153 mentioned.

I set my price to equal fba fees and still too high - but just for me, not the fbm competitors priced double mine. Then when I email amazon an ss bot responds. It’s bot vs bot. Feel like I’m in a Terminator movie, but no cool sky net. Just a derp derp mechanical pencil.

Same problem. Hundreds of random books deactivated, and more every day. Talked to tech support and they suggested modifiying min and max price. This only works if I reprice the book way lower. The prices we set are always for a good reason. Can the bot ascertain whether the book has a dust jacket and its condition, if it is a first edition/first printing, if there is a signature, etc.? Must we change the status of all 10,000 of our books to “collectible” to avoid them being deactivated? This is crazy.

Same problem. Hundreds of random books deactivated, and more every day. Talked to tech support and they suggested modifiying min and max price. This only works if I reprice the book way lower. The prices we set are always for a good reason. Can the bot ascertain whether the book has a dust jacket and its condition, if it is a first edition/first printing, if there is a signature, etc.? Must we change the status of all 10,000 of our books to “collectible” to avoid them being deactivated? This is crazy.

OK, I dislike bringing this topic up again but now they are deactivating due to potential low pricing error! Really?
I opened a case about a high price removal & they claimed the “collectible” category would correct it, yeah, OK. Then I did a - well, how about this ASIN B00F77IU12? Why is it deactivated?
Response was - “The price for this product ASIN B00F77IU12 is currently below the minimum for this listing. You will need to update your price for this product to be relisted. At this time this policy is working as expected.”
So today after some repricing I get an email stating a deactivation due to low price. On both of these ASINs there were books in same condition priced lower than mine, it is maddening, laughable & insulting & a disservice to sellers as well as customers.

Yeah, we got the Walmart speech last year…