How to Stop Listings Being Deactivated Due to Pricing Alerts

I too got this email today and then another. The only commonality is that none were marked collectible? All were either signed or rare for another reason. Could it be that Amazon rejected because it was not marked collectible?
From the numerous posts on this subject it is somewhat common. Having said this I have been selling on Amazon for years and this is the first time this problem. I am fearful that something has gone wrong in the programming or someone new has been put in control of this area and wants to make waves.

How does one find the MSRP for an out of print book published in 1958 by Dodd Mead? Publisher is long out of business. Book is in my hand. I compare with similar sellers on sites such as ABAA, ABE, Biblio, etc. Just because Thrift is selling their beat up copy for 5.95 doesn’t mean I’m going to.

don’t fraudulent sellers typically UNDERPRICE their items? Seems to me THEY are the ones that are protected here. Also, the sellers that join an import or otherwise unique edition with their common edition of a book or CD or whatever because the listing has the highest prices–they get to stay with their item or mis-graded refurbished garbage while we get forced to match them with our correctly listed/graded items.

By the way, Walmart marketplace sellers will tell you the same thing is happening on their end…

Is this a discussion about books only?

It happens. I had an fba item that I would of had to sell below fba costs in order not to get a price alert, but then I would get an inaccurate price alert for being below fba costs. There are fbm sellers substantially higher than my price. I noticed amazon of the catch-22 twice and same canned response.

OP (whos name looks like a bookseller) posted about problems with offerings of books. I am sticking to the thread topic.

Is this only happening with Media items, or what other categories is anyone experiencing this in?

Mine are books not media.

Tools and automotive

books are media

Suddenly, I am getting pricing alerts and listings deactivated.

Right! Suddenly! Same is here… What’s happened - no idea!

No.

One of our products got it the other day.

Partly my fault for not noticing the MSRP price was lower than a revised listing price.

Our price was raised due to issues out of our control and the listing was active for sometime before getting the alert.

Someone purchased the item at the higher price then the listing was deactivated. Now even after changing the MSRP the listing is being attacked by amazon.

Now the listing does not have the “buy box”, it is however active status.

FYI, we are a legitimate producer and use machines and labor in our facility to actually produce product, brand owner and only seller of this item. So how can I have “price issue” when I set all the prices… Just another attack on my products.

Additionally, its a product that has inspired MANY others and those sellers are not located in the USA.

Do you think cheaper prices on knockoffs is triggering the bots to think your price is “too high”? :thinking:

That has been considered, not sure what to believe.

All I see is a deliberate attack on my product that has a very high product feedback rating and I am also the only one that can say its made in USA.

Made in USA is very powerful in my space and many have been claiming “USA seller” trying to spoof buyers. Since they are doing stuff like that it would indicate I have the advantage.

Some of these bots run once a week or once a month, They are not realtime functions.

I have noticed that Amazon is on the majority of deactivated listings for pricing errors. One of the listings, Amz has the BB for $1.98, no shipping charge and none in stock. How about that? Also AMZ has the paperback listing but has a rating for hardcover on the listing when I looked.
I did not investigate all the deactivated for pricing listings since it is a waste of time.

The “bot” issue seems to be more of an excuse du jour than what is actually going on with the market place.

The marketplace is clearly changing in a way that will bring the number of offers more in line with demand for the products.

a combination of voluntary departures and involuntary departures appears to be occurring.

It is likely that the marketplace will be stronger as a result, benefiting Amazon and the sellers who survive.

Is that what you are referring to, friend?

Not really.

Bing this: amazon profits down 24%

Not sure how they can miss the mark so bad regarding logistics.

If you sell these same elsewhere under the same UPC, you might want to change that practice…I have the flexibility of offering slight variations on otherwise identical products between different marketplaces to avoid this problem on PL products…