How to print 4x6 shipping labels for packages to FBA

We have a Zebra LP as well as a Dymo XL LabelWriter and use LABEL2LABEL to convert our UPS and Fedex labels. We were using the 8.5 x 11 peel and stick but this is so much easier. We can now upload the Amazon FBA labels and it converts them to print on to a 4 x 6 size. You get 15 free labels to start and can upgrade to 100 for 4.95/mth.

Moderator Edit (Jake@SellerSupport): External URL Removed

Too much work, and prone to errors.

I’m happy paying $4.95 a month to print an unlimited number of labels using AMZ Labels. Never had a problem, and they have great customer service.

Funky

I know this probably won’t help many people but I wrote a script to solve this problem in linux. It takes the letter size PDF amazon provides and splits it into two 4x6" label PDFs. On my zebra I have to tweak the darkness and speed setting to ensure the Amazon barcodes are machine readable. Mileage may vary… Enjoy!

#!/bin/bash                                                                                                                                                                                                      
#                                                                                                                                                                                                                
# Parse 8.5" x 11" shipping page to 4x6" labels                                                                                                                                                                  
#                                                                                                                                                                                                                

IN=$1
NAME=$2
TMP=$(mktemp /tmp/XXXXXXXX)

if [ $# -ne 2 ]; then
    echo "Must specify input PDF and output name"
else
    # Remove margins                                                                                                                                                                                             
    pdfcrop --clip --margins '0 0 0 0' $IN ${TMP}.pdf

# Create fedex labels                                                                                                                                                                                        
    pdfcrop --bbox '0 0 432 360' ${TMP}.pdf ${NAME}_fedex.pdf

# Force to 4x6"                                                                                                                                                                                              
    pdfjam --papersize '{6in,4in}' --outfile ${NAME}_fedex.pdf ${NAME}_fedex.pdf

# Create amazon labels                                                                                                                                                                                       
    pdfcrop --bbox '0 380 240 700' ${TMP}.pdf ${NAME}_amazon.pdf
    # Add margins to make 4x6                                                                                                                                                                                    
    pdfcrop --margins '10 0 0 0' ${NAME}_amazon.pdf ${NAME}_amazon.pdf
    pdfjam --papersize '{4in,6in}' --outfile ${NAME}_amazon.pdf ${NAME}_amazon.pdf

# Rotate to landscape to match                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    #pdftk ${NAME}_amazon.pdf cat 1-endeast output ${NAME}_amazon_rot.pdf                                                                                                                                           
    # Delete temp                                                                                                                                                                                                
    rm ${TMP}.pdf

# Separate into separate pages                                                                                                                                                                               
    #pdfseparate ${NAME}_fedex.pdf out_%da.pdf                                                                                                                                                                   
    #pdfseparate ${NAME}_amazon_rot.pdf out_%db.pdf                                                                                                                                                                 

# Zipper merge                                                                                                                                                                                               
    #pdfunite $(ls -v out_*.pdf | tr '\n' ' ') combined.pdf                                                                                                                                                      
    #rm out_*.pdf                                                                                                                                                                                                
fi

Using a 3rd party service has been a game changer. No more taping or gluing. I can now use my Zebra to print 4x6 Fedex and UPS labels. Label2Label has been a life saver. I had purchased a bunch of different types of Avery labels for my FNSKU products. I use their online tool to convert my Amazon pdf file to fit the variety of labels I had. Printing my LTL box labels onto my Zebra Printer has been a breeze. I no longer have to buy 6 up labels and I get Free 4 x 6 thermal labels from UPS.

little late to this party but I just found a pretty easy way thru this, at least for Dymo 4XL printers. Open the .PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (this is what I have now). Print it like it is, mine opens it at 176%, by choosing the Dymo and setting it to 4x6 print, poster setting and 70% scale. This I got from drinkit’s post but the smaller UPS label challenged. Your first printing will get the box label and shrunk down UPS label. Next copy and paste the shipping label into Microsoft Office Picture Manager, chose the 800% size and click print
Now all I need to figure out is how to copy and paste the box label into MS Office pics, but without a box around it you can’t select it correctly

I’ve been looking for this answer all day and pulling my hair out! You are a life saver :slight_smile:

hopefully this worked for you. i’m still trying to deal with the box around the other label. i’ll post it if I do.

I’m using labelresizer .com. It allows to print any type of FBA labels with any thermal printer. It has a chrome extension. It puts a button next to “Print labels…” button on any label page on Seller Central.

Genius. Thank you!

I had the same problem as the original poster and didn’t have luck getting the 8.5x11 size PDF down to Dymo 4XL size without risking unreadable print. My solution:

I have a Dymo LabelWriter 4XL, and use the AMZLabels for Shipping and Box Labels. For $4.95 a month, it’s well worth the cost.

They do have a free trial period.

Funky

You can look at Avery 5126 labels. They are 8.5 * 11 and are split in half.

Easy and quick for FBA boxes

We’ve kept them for emergencies. And just a few weeks ago I had to use one to print a Military Mail label purchased from the USPS.

Funky

labelresizer.com is AMAZING!! Thank you!

It took me 1 right + left click to save the label (I would have had to do it anyways because I always have to change the orientation since stupid Amazon puts it sideways), another right click to open it in adobe from my bar and then 1 left click to change the orientation. After that it’s 1 left click for print and another left click to confirm printing if I don’t have to change the default printer. That is a total of 6 clicks for me to print a label. It would be significantly less if they would just change the orientation to right side up but they don’t. Ebay did something stupid a while back so it’s also a pain to print there now but I make it work. Opening in Adobe is by far the easiest method I’ve come across that doesn’t cost me 5 bucks a month.

We use AMZ Labels to print shipping and box labels. At $4.95 a month, it’s worth twice the price in the amount of time we save.

They do have a free trial offer.

You can do 3 labels every hour for free.
www.sejda.com/split-pdf-down-the-middle

How are the box labels printed and what size are they. I just got my first dymo labeler and have been printing fba labels, but having tried printing a UPS shipping label with it yet. I’ve got the dymo set up on a windows platform. I’ve also got a wireless brother laser printer that I’ve been printing shipping labels on for forever. I want to be able to use the dymo for everything, since I have multiple of those. If I have to, I’ll just have to jump in with both feet and figure it out for myself. I just don’t want to have to ask for a refund for unused shipping label if I have to. Or waiting for it to be approved, the most vexing part.

Every time I have printed labels to ship to a fulfillment center, they always wanted to print on letter size paper. I am stubborn, and wanted them printed on my 4 x 6 shipping labels. So, I used inkscape to import the PDF, rotate and resize to have the shipping label fit on one 4 x 6 PDF, and the Amazon label to fit on another 4 x 6 PDF. It is painful to do, but with my sending only one SKU for FBA now, I don’t have to deal with it much.

It is really strange that they want this printed on 8.5 x 11 paper.

Here is an easy way to print 4x6 shipping labels to Amazon FBA using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

1. Open label in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

2. Use “Take a Snapshot” tool to select the portion of the label you would like to print.

3. Select “Print”

4. In print menu go to Page Settings (in bottom left corner)

5. Go to paper size settings and select 4"x6" paper.

Make sure you have selected your thermal printer and you should be all set to print. Repeat for the other 1/2 of the label.

This worked for me. I hope it works for you.