user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to List My Software (I am not a 3rd-party seller of software) on Amazon As A Digital Download

by Seller_dSKVlCo8KAzz6

Hello.

I have developed and continue to develop various software programs from scratch.

The source code belongs to me. Distribution and dissemination of the software is entirely my responsibility, and has not been accorded/forfeited to any 3rd party.

I own the software programs I wish to sell.

I would like to sell these software programs as digital downloads on Amazon.

Can someone please point me to an active/working Amazon URL that would provide me with an Amazon Application/Request Form or something similar that would help me in requesting that Amazon allow me to sell my software as a digital download?

Please remember that I am not a 3rd-party seller of software, I own the software I wish to offer on Amazon as a digital download.

Thank you.

Tags: Advertising
31 replies
31 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE
In reply to: Seller_dSKVlCo8KAzz6's post

digital downloads cannot be sold on Amazon.

user profile
Seller_uIGXPpS2kOOX2

Might be in here somewhere. I believe you’ll have to sell it to Amz and they will take their cut. Apps are allowed, so are ebooks and music.

https://developer.amazon.com/support

Good luck

user profile
Seller_tNSvCjiOBuiLN

Since you cannot do this, why not turn it into a physical product if you really believe in it?

user profile
Seller_UU7GXW380tspk

As a software developer, I used to sell Mac and PC software in Amazon App Store until 2019, when they closed down that section, to keep only Android software. So, indeed, Amazon does sell apps.

I have had good sales for software on CD, though. Been selling that since 2007, actually. It is a bit less convenient, because I have to duplicate them, and create the sleeves on the printer, then fold them and prepare the package, with the fnsku on it. But hey, Amazon Market Place is a big outlet, with less fuss than big retail stores.

I recently investigated further about “Amazon.com services LLC”. It is definitely a Vendor Central situation, invite only. I must too small of a fish, they turned me down.

Well, that is not the end of the world. I do excellent business oin the Mac App Store, as well as the Windows Store.

And since the future is mobile, I will soon have my first commercial Android app, which will go in Amazon Android app store.

user profile
Seller_UU7GXW380tspk

The OP would have liked to put his software in the App Store, from what I understand.
I frankly don’t see what that has to do with malware.

If you create Android apps, here is the link:
https://developer.amazon.com/

Amazon no longer distributes PC or Mac software.

May I suggest you check out the Windows Store for PC, as well as the Mac App Store for maOS.

You may also want to sell on CD-ROM. Amazingly enough, sales are still good on Amazon for that medium.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

@EPILOGICA, any updates?

user profile
Seller_dSKVlCo8KAzz6

No updates to speak of at the moment (as of April 24, 2020). I will be sure to post any relevant information/changes to my Amazon status/activities regarding ‘Digital Downloads’ as soon as they come to light.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post