user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to know when an MCF order is lost?

by Seller_8M9CEANOvP86r

I love MCF and use it on a daily basis to ship my own products from my web store, however I recently had an amazon carrier (TBAXXXX tracking) lose a package (surprise) and the tracking has been stuck on “delayed”. My customer only received four of five boxes on this split shipment, and if she didn’t email me I never would have know her shipment was lost. I don’t want this to happen again, is there any way to easily track which MCF orders that are still in transit?

I’ve looked into Aftership but they can’t import directly from Amazon. I use Shipstation but it only tracks the first shipment on an order, which in this case was delivered. My WooCommerce store syncs with Shipstation so that doesn’t help me.

Any ideas or similar experiences?

Tags: Buy Box
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_8M9CEANOvP86r
In reply to: Seller_8M9CEANOvP86r's post

Does anybody else have this issue or suggestions?

user profile
Seller_spBEmM4GC9jW1

There is no tracking software for Amazon internal carriers that I know of. Your only option is to pay the fee to not use Amazon as a shipper so you get tracking from the other carriers.

user profile
Seller_X9AxWaXfNnGAl

You can make a reimbursement claim from Amazon (similar to a FBA order) and reimbursements will be the same.

You would need to create a new MCF order for the customer to receive the replacement.

You can not easily track shipments. When you see a standard carrier tracking number, you can check that, but not Amazon’s carrier.

user profile
Seller_8M9CEANOvP86r

Thanks VTR, I’m guessing USPS/UPS/FedEx are a little more reliable, but I have had at least USPS/UPS damage boxes that stay in limbo forever too

BoardGames4Us - I’m currently on my 6th roundabout with SS on this order - Four emails and two phone calls. They keep asking for the same documentation, which I provide, then they tell me the packages are delivered, which they are clearly not according to their own tracking, then they ask for the documentation again, then I get transferred to the correct department, repeat… I seriously think their strategy is to wear me down and they don’t have to pay the measly $120 on this order.

user profile
Seller_PuVDwYYFBxc62

You can download fulfillment report from Seller Central and filter on Non-Amazon orders. We typically import all of the tracking numbers from that report into Shopify using MassFulfill app, assuming there is something similar for WooCommerce. Once it’s in Shopify, we then use Trackhive (or AfterShip) to keep eye on order deliveries. Hope this helps.

user profile
Seller_8M9CEANOvP86r

Thanks. I played around with the fulfillment reports and was able to export/sort those and import the numbers into Aftership. A little clunky (Excel REALLY wanted to convert tracking numbers to scientific notation) but if I do this once per week I think I can make sure I no packages go missing.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post