user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to import Amazon Transactions into Quickbooks Pro desktop

by Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

I’ve started Selling on Amazon and now I’m trying to figure out how best to enter the Amazon Transactions into Quickbooks Pro Desktop 2019.
NOT Quickbooks Online!
I am not looking for another 3rd party software or service that I have to pay monthly for (and would probably struggle with the integration anyway.)
I am NOT looking for inventory software.
I just want to be pointed to instructions on how to best set up an account for amazon within quickbooks and then how to download the transactions from Amazon to import into quickbooks.
I do have converters that can handle converting many file formats into a QBO file if need be but I would hope that Amazon would make it easy to work with quick books.
Anyone have tips? Or know where to find tutorials on the subject?

Tags: Payments, Transactions
39 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW
In reply to: Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW's post

Update about what I’m doing now. I tried Entriwise but I ran into the issue that things were not matching up perfectly and the way they enter the transactions, nothing will match up with the transactions you can view on Amazon. THERE WAS NO WAY to manually reconcile things if it didn’t match up. Their answer to me was that I shouldn’t be reconciling!!! There was something wrong but no way for me to figure out what went wrong and no good way to go back and re-do since once you did the import and Entriwise thought it was done you actually had to open a support ticket to have them re-set your account to allow you to import things again. So when my account reached the point when I could no longer test it out for free, I decided I needed another option.

I trialed Transaction Pro Importer but didn’t quite get that one sorted out to my satisfaction in the short trial period.

I also trialed Zed Axis. This one requires setting up some spreadsheet templates to manipulate your flat file a little and then you also have to create your mappings to work. And make sure you get all your item lists right to match between quickbooks and amazon, BUT I was able to get it working (at least for the most part I still find some glitches to sort out when there are refunds.) The beauty is, most of the time everything matches up so reconciling is easy but when you actually have to look through and find where a glitch is EVERYTING ELSE MATCHES THE TRANSACTION VIEW!!!

So while Zed Axis is not perfect (as in you have to do a fair amount of figuring out to get the initial set up working) it is a way powerful tool. (it can do things like batch enter or change or delete lists etc.)

Jump to reply
39 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_dgruh215zIXze

Amazon does not make it easy to convert to QuickBooks. There is a good reason for 3rd party software.

Do you want Amazon transactions to be transferred with details of SKUs sold?

user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

It doesn’t necessarily have to come into QB with all the details (I think I will just need to keep a spreadsheet with that.) I just don’t want to have to do it by hand all the time. Paypal is annoying enough that I have to download the transactions then convert them then upload them to QB then I have to go through them to accept or not and add the class and account and finally go through and double check everything after I do that.

user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

so far in my search though, I haven’t seen anyone give glowing reviews of any of the tools for getting stuff into QB from amazon. It sounded like they were spending money on it AND it was still problematic.
I’m thinking of doing it as journal entries. So far I have not been using QB for inventory because the other part of my business is farming (you don’t do traditional inventory keeping on fresh produce since the amount of time you would waste on it is not worth it.)

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

We just take the payment report every two weeks and enter it into QB. Split it 4 ways.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

I do not care if it crosses months. Trying to keep books by actual month end is too huge a pain for any valuable info it would give. But YMMV.

user profile
Seller_KixQp9inlAZVl

Transaction Pro Importer 7.0 is great for taking the transaction report and importing into Quickbooks.

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

We use QuickBooks ever since it came out. (the desktop pro version with payroll, not online) Even though it will handle inventory, we do not use that portion of the program. We wrote our own that manages 5 B&M stores. For accounting, we just enter the Amazon disbursement every 2 weeks.

user profile
Seller_fG2yvNG9OX74w

If you’re not tracking inventory in QuickBooks i assume you would like to record just total numbers, I used to do it manually where most people go wrong is at the end of the year you must match the 1099K which they include shipping credits etc

I’m now on netSuite so everything is custom but you should check out
SellerZen and ConnectBooks I think one of them has an on boarding team

Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

Update about what I’m doing now. I tried Entriwise but I ran into the issue that things were not matching up perfectly and the way they enter the transactions, nothing will match up with the transactions you can view on Amazon. THERE WAS NO WAY to manually reconcile things if it didn’t match up. Their answer to me was that I shouldn’t be reconciling!!! There was something wrong but no way for me to figure out what went wrong and no good way to go back and re-do since once you did the import and Entriwise thought it was done you actually had to open a support ticket to have them re-set your account to allow you to import things again. So when my account reached the point when I could no longer test it out for free, I decided I needed another option.

I trialed Transaction Pro Importer but didn’t quite get that one sorted out to my satisfaction in the short trial period.

I also trialed Zed Axis. This one requires setting up some spreadsheet templates to manipulate your flat file a little and then you also have to create your mappings to work. And make sure you get all your item lists right to match between quickbooks and amazon, BUT I was able to get it working (at least for the most part I still find some glitches to sort out when there are refunds.) The beauty is, most of the time everything matches up so reconciling is easy but when you actually have to look through and find where a glitch is EVERYTING ELSE MATCHES THE TRANSACTION VIEW!!!

So while Zed Axis is not perfect (as in you have to do a fair amount of figuring out to get the initial set up working) it is a way powerful tool. (it can do things like batch enter or change or delete lists etc.)

user profile
Seller_MxyR30NXlGuuX

I used webgility and was quite happy with it. Until a 80% drop in sales made the fees too high.

Download your payment report, import it into a spreadsheet. Sort the spreadsheet by sales expenses, then us use your spreadsheet conversion program to turn it into an a QB import file. After that much work, it’s just as easy to sort the spreadsheet by expenses and make a journal entry, and enter sales by hand on a daily basis.

Go to original post