user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to convert professional account to business account?

by Seller_Sqx0u68gRwjyt

Hi there!
I am not citizen of the USA. And I want to establish LLC company in USA and become a taxpayer. So that ı want to convert my professional account to business (or company account ?) account. Is it possible? If yes, how?
Or only that ı need, I should update my all information in my pro account. I don’t need any business account.

Thank you very much.

Tags: Amazon business
24 replies
24 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE
In reply to: Seller_Sqx0u68gRwjyt's post

Professional accounts are business accounts. It appears that you want to transfer the ownership of your current account to your LLC. I don’t think that can be done – accounts are not transferable.

If your current account is in good standing it may be easiest to close it and create a new account under your LLC’s name. Be sure to get Amazon’s approval before you do that.

user profile
Seller_EQjstv59pYeSl

As a foreigner, you can indeed open an LLC in the USA. And you can change your Amazon Account to an LLC. You will need the proper paperwork to do so, but you can. There are many companies in the USA where you can establish your LLC in the USA in short order and for less than $300 usually. I recommend Wyoming, but Nevada or Delaware are also good. Not a good idea to establish in States like California, New York, New Jersey.

I’m not a Lawyer nor financial adviser.

user profile
Seller_EQjstv59pYeSl

That’s not true.

user profile
Seller_tBPAzT1FuOVKE

Large_Lotus is 100% correct. I’ve done it as well…I changed from personal “professional” account to LLC on Amazon with everything else staying the same without having to close and re-open another different acct. Just need to establish the LLC first and get the proper Tax information.

user profile
Seller_2cosGaI3Iit2o

your account has to have proof you reside in the us with bills and id

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Your Corporate Account would be a separate entity from your personal account…you need to get another account in the LLC Name…

user profile
Seller_QmIy84kVXmvDH

Do you reside in the US? You can do it but I would not recommend using a US based LLC if you are physically operating the business outside of US.

If your account with the new LLC info is hit with an account review, it will be very hard to provide proof of address like utility bills.

Also there are tax exemption issues if you reside outside of US. For example if you work from the UK, you will not need to pay income taxes to the IRS due to the Totalization Agreement.

The idea is that Amazon does not like it when your account’s entity and the owner are located in two different countries.

user profile
Seller_rQpgHZ6nn0Wzv

you need an ITIN number first

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post