user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to contact amazon after account suspension

by Seller_bpqk84mAIFy0R

Hi good people,

I have created my new seller account on the 22nd of Aug.
My account was suspended.
Still I was charged 48.39$ for receiving nothing at all.

There is no one in the whole of the Amazon to reply to my appeal since the 22nd and who knows when or if there will be ever a reply from support.

I think the power Amazon have over us people is dangerous and ugly.
No private business will allow itself to behave that way.

It feels as if I have been robbed by a big mafia and can’t do anything.
This is ridiculous.

I guess the basis of the suspension is due to me entering an address in Netherlands while my bank details is from israel.

I decided to work online because I do want to travel and not be tied up to one address, so what’s the problem if I have a different address?
After all, they have my passport.

I admire the caution the Amazonas takes but hey, why not answer and why charge almost 50$ when service not given?

Anyhow, I am a total newbie and hope I’ll receive some clarification from you guys regarding this issue.
Thank you so much in advance for all you dear helpers.

I wonder if I should copy the whole text of their messages.
Pls let me know if needed.

Thanx
Amir Shaul

Tags: Address, Bank account
47 replies
47 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl
In reply to: Seller_bpqk84mAIFy0R's post

You don’t need to contact anyone… they already contacted you via email saying you are under review.

They also requested some documents from you, Utility bill is the most important.

Read the email they sent you! Your anger about not being able to contact them is 100% unnecessary.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

Please do post the messages you have received from Amazon, as well as any messages or appeals you have submitted.

Please date these and post in chronological order.

Please copy/paste–do not use screenshots.

Thanks for starting your own thread!

Click arrow for additional details
user profile
Seller_yKsH1VcZkLlOV

Patience is the key, I know, usually everyone expecting a fast response, 24 hours or less but this is not the case, usually this cases take between 7 to 14 days to receive a response, also I believe if you keep writing your email will put you in the back of the line every time so be patience.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

@Books_Inspired, you might be interested in this recent thread: Digital nomad rejected - no utility bill.

In particular, this excerpt from @AndThenSome’s response might provide you with some insight into Amazon’s verification process:

user profile
Seller_jw3HRo32wY2Hk

If they never let you sell here, maybe they’re saving you a load of trouble and integration work. Look on the bright side!

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

What you are experiencing is common for new overseas sellers and universal for overseas sellers whose documents do not match. This is because of the rampant opening of fraudulent scam accounts, most frequently from overseas sellers. The limited reporting done in the news media about the issue points to organized crime being involved.

Amazon initially accept all new accounts and then immediately suspends them temporarily while they check out the documentation. This is undoubtedly what has happened to you. I think they do it this way because until you have opened your account and signed the agreement they have no legal right to do such checks.

Just be patient. The five days you have waited is well within the typical wait time. It does no good to pepper them with emails, and may slow things down. Make sure you provide them with exactly what they asked for in the format they ask for. While you are waiting read the many threads in the forum about new-account suspension and how to deal with it.

To address your situation specifically – I am reasonably sure Amazon will never approve an account-holder that lists an address in the Netherlands and has utility bills in Israel. Matching information is what is important.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post