user profile
Sign in
user profile

How soon after delivery does product get checked in

by Seller_38vUZh2bhkg9p

My shipment has arrived at Amazon almost a week ago and it hasn’t been checked in yet. In the mean time my listing is out of stock and losing sales rank. How long does it take on average right now for a shipment to get checked in after delivery for a non-essential item?

Tags: Listings
21 replies
21 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VkqX9524BYI2e
In reply to: Seller_38vUZh2bhkg9p's post

I think current time frame is between 7-14 days. Our company sent at least 5 shipment to FBA warehouse, none of them check in yet. Usually it takes 1-2 business days to check in and receive them.

user profile
Seller_i8tYNlaQJJtuD

That’s a broad question which will get broad answers. Some more specifics will help you get the info you need. “How long is it taking right now for SPD shipments to get checked in and received at LGA9?”

@SUMONO_USA is genuinely trying to be helpful but unless you’re sending a shipment that is similar in size to the same FC using the same shipping mode (SPD vs LCL) it doesn’t really matter.

I’m checked in and fully received within 2-3 days of delivery at ONT8 with shipments ranging from 5-10 pallets.

user profile
Seller_bGFi9rFo5bUpG

We have a shipment delivered on Mar 27, which hasn’t checked in at FTW1.

user profile
Seller_yb8VVIaS3iEon

We only had two on-hand products eligible for shipment earlier in the month. Two shipments delivered to CLT2 on April 13th, were checked in 12 hours later, but are still receiving (transferring to 12 other fulfillment centers) as of today.

user profile
Seller_oahPyJgVEZB9P

To have lots of units in the warehouse, we risk a low IPI.

To ship small amount as needed, we risk our shipments not getting unloaded before running out of stock.

We only can rely on luck to come and help us. Hopefully the viruses are gone soon.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

During the busy holiday season, it would take maybe 10 days. Now, it is even busier.

@TinySeller Amazon anounced a month ago that they would take the virus affects into account for the next quarterly IPI.

Now they have added some limits to quantity of what sellers are allowed to send in.

user profile
Seller_38vUZh2bhkg9p

The warehouse that I have sent to is IND9. I also have another shipment that is due at port on 4/22. At this point I can’t reroute to another 3PL since product is prepped for Amazon, however I can probably reroute to my house and fulfill FBM from there. Better than inventory sitting at Amazon for weeks with no sales.

user profile
Seller_cxUYV6dCszXLY

I would say it’s very random and depends on which warehouse you sent to. If you are lucky, inbound shipment may be checked in a 1-2 days. The longest wait time for check-in I ever experienced was 12 days! I would say on average, it takes 3-5 days for Amazon warehouse to start checking in your shipment, and another 1-2 days to finish it if you have many items in your shipment.

user profile
Seller_38vUZh2bhkg9p

It has been 14 days since my shipments have been delivered to Amazon and they still have not been checked in. Forbidding new shipments in is bad. But in this case you figure out an alternative solution such as a 3PL and you still sell FBM. Margin is lower, but you still sell. But Amazon accepting shipments and not processing them for undisclosed amount of time is even worse - in this case your inventory is stuck and you can not do anything.

user profile
Seller_5ct6Epnhi4GhX

Unprecedented delays…shipment delivered to CLT2 on April 15 and still not checked in. Guessing they are slammed even more after opening up for non essential products.

Go to original post