user profile
Sign in
user profile

How many delivery dates does/should/can Priority Mail have?

by Seller_hA060q8nqygew

Who can explain the logic of this (if there is any??) to me?

I went to buy a label today. Half of the priority mail options are listing Saturday (black arrows) as the expected delivery date and the other half are listing Monday (red arrows). This is my question -

• How does it make sense that priority mail shipped in X-packaging will take a day longer than priority mail shipped in Y-packaging?

Experts… is this a “thing” now? Or is Amazon just stupid? Or are they trying to fix the +1-day padding in Buy Shipping and have only done half the services so far?

@papyrophilia, what do you think?

Tags: Images, Listings
54 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl
In reply to: Seller_hA060q8nqygew's post

The shipping bots are getting old and one or more of them has suffered a stroke?

Jump to reply
54 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

Well, I’m perplexed. I wondered whether it had something to do with the size of the package, or box v envelope…but nope.

My fingers are crossed that it’s this, though

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

racingroxstore

They may have no idea what the size of the product is, which box it will fit in… even if it weighs one thing – it may be oddly shaped to fit in a certain package…

So they are offering you options…

Remember with priority if it fits in the box it flies , well there may be some weight restrictions?.. I think with cubic…

Good luck

user profile
Seller_nfYdgA5KzyZuh

This has been happening to me a lot. I even had one say it would take 7 business days.
I changed my 2-3 days to Florida to 2-4 days which has brought back priority option. I even have it allowing first class mail or parcel post and yet no priority mail. Or it keeps giving me only cubic. We use the same box size 90% of the time. I Keep having to print on stamps and not Amazon when this happens. Very frustrating.
It seems certain areas are counted as 4 days when they are either 2 or 3 days delivery.

user profile
Seller_nfYdgA5KzyZuh

This one would allow parcel select but not regular priority mail and nothing to do with box size. It would allow cubic but cubic was about $3-$4 more expensive then regular old priority. How on earth can parcel select qualify to arrive in time but not priority mail. No idea who to contact as I figure it’s waste of time.

Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

The shipping bots are getting old and one or more of them has suffered a stroke?

user profile
Seller_Re9WSfrGmAQM8

Strictly a guess on my part, but maybe the Regional will deliver quick because it is closer to you.
Two are envelopes, so they process faster.
Absolutely no guess on the cubic.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

Either Amazon or USPS scootched the pooch when they implemented this weekends rate change.

Would not be the first for either.

user profile
Seller_uKYUQR1wT7FSF

My first thought was “size of receptacle” Maybe there is one of those multiboxes with a lock that some boxes will fit in another others won’t. If it will fit, it can be left there on Saturday, if it won’t they will have to pick up at the post office on monday… I dunno…

user profile
Seller_291MjCCZTPJ4a

Is it possible that it’s tied to the calculations that USPS gave to Amazon with their postage rates? I’m only guessing here, and realize Amazon is to blame for a lot of things, but I’m unsure if it’s fair to also blame them here, at least until we have more information.

user profile
Seller_Qz7faXFzMklOt

My only guess is that they will go to different processing facilities.

Go to original post