user profile
Sign in
user profile

How long does 'item does not match listing' investigations take?

by Seller_wyzz6gSO0YmYO

Hello, we are hoping a more established seller can help us regarding the message below. We are now at almost one month since receiving this message from FBA. We have contacted them on several occasions to inquire about what additional information is needed, but all we are told is that the item is under investigation.

We have updated the listing to the best of our ability and it is our top selling SKU (but only the Size L) is being withheld. Any ideas or advice on how to move this up the chain, or how long these investigations take? We are brand registered for this item and the only seller, so the listing is accurate to the inventory.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Hello from Fulfillment by Amazon,

We received feedback that your inventory for ASIN [B014V1Z60C ] does not match the listing for this item. In order to provide the best buying experience to Amazon customers, we have temporarily suspended your listing in an effort to determine the root cause of this feedback.

Upon completion of our review, we will either:
• Reactivate your listing
• Notify you regarding any additional action that is required from you

To help expedite the investigation, we request that you temporarily stop sending inventory for the ASIN listed above to Amazon fulfillment centers. New inventory for this ASIN will cause delays in our review and the resolution of any related issues. We will notify you when you can resume inventory shipments.

Your cooperation in this matter means we can reactivate your offer as quickly as possible. If any additional action is required from you, we will notify you.

Thank you for selling with Amazon,

Tags: ASIN, Fees, Listings, SKU
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_KfcKNgPc2FAWl
In reply to: Seller_wyzz6gSO0YmYO's post

What ended up happening for you here?

user profile
Seller_xhQBkTUufgBhl
In reply to: Seller_wyzz6gSO0YmYO's post

I had this happen to me several times, also for a size variation item (might have something to do with customer ordering wrong size/not checking the size chart and selecting “item does not match description” as a return reason). It usually took no more than a few days for me to get my listing back and running. On time it took over a week as the inventory was split between different fulfillment centres.

If your item matches the listing there is no reason to worry, they will reactivate your listing eventually. Though, I understand that the wait can be frustrating. Just keep checking with Amazon on the status of the investigation and offer them help (images etc.) in case they need it (they don’t but just to show you have nothing to hide and you want to cooperate). Highlight your good reviews and seller feedback (if that’s the case) and that customers are waiting for this item to be available.

The good thing is that once they’ve investigated your item once you are most likely not going to suspend you for the same reason again – at least that’s my theory.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post