How is the sales rank calculated?

I’m a new seller, of a new product on Amazon. Our product went to ~1000 sales rank leading up to Christmas, and I was curious how this number is calculated? Do all products increase during holiday sales?

I also thought I read it is more based on sales $ than # of sales. So if one item cost $40 and one $20, the $20 item would have to sell about twice as many in a given period to have a similar sales rank.

The algorithm of sale rank is not revealed by amazon
However this is a good link allows you to have a concept of sale rank in amazon
if you try to google "What Do Amazon Rankings Mean? "

Amazon doesn’t release how they calculate sales rank, but it’s safe to say that all rankings don’t increase in the pre-Christmas run-up, because it’s still a ranking. (Unless Amazon is just completely lying about them being rankings.)

So does that mean that a ranking of 1000 would mean that 999 other products are ranked higher than it?

BSR (sales rank) is calculated by the amount of sales… The more sales the lower the BSR… The less sales the higher the BSR… BSR is simply a lagging indicator of the amount of sales you are making compared to other products in the same category… Hope this helps… And no there isn’t an exact way to determine specifically how many sales per day = specifically what BSR number… It’s just a rough estimate in relation to other products in the same catagory… Hope this helps clear it up for you…

+"“So does that mean that a ranking of 1000 would mean that 999 other products are ranked higher than it?”"+

Yes… And more specifically a ranking of 1000 would mean that 999 other products have sold more than the one ranked 1000…

Don’t buy it.

I have an item I sell one or two of monthly. Have done so for years. Its never received a sales ranking. The site is filled with glitches like that. Another item I sell, and I’m the only seller of that item. Almost never sells but the ranking always stays around 70.

Will F
Owner
Nobel Books llc

MusicMan,…

closed #9