How does a seller correct a poor translation for Amazon IT, DE, ES, and FR

We have our product listed on all of the EU marketplaces. When setting this up, some sort of auto-translation occurred (I assume), because all of the listings are now live in each language. And sales are taking place, so it seems the translation is effective +enough+ to convert sales.

However, when applying for lightning deals, we are getting denied because of poor quality information on the foreign listings (or at least a few of them). I assume this is due to a translation problem, as the information it was translated from (the UK listing) is complete and acceptable. Since we have no way to edit the foreign listing in our UK account, I am trying to find out how to accomplish this. There is a link to update information on the listing, but it only allows you to submit an alternate title.

How can we accomplish this? We are using FBA and fulfillment is happening from the UK for all of the EU, by the way.

That may be due to some purchases by English language speakers. There may be some laws that require packaging or usage documents to be in their local language. You will need to address this if you plan to sell in these countries. You should look up the regulations for your category.

> However, when applying for lightning deals, we are getting denied because of poor quality information on the foreign listings (or at least a few of them). I assume this is due to a translation problem, as the information it was translated from (the UK listing) is complete and acceptable. Since we have no way to edit the foreign listing in our UK account, I am trying to find out how to accomplish this. There is a link to update information on the listing, but it only allows you to submit an alternate title.
>
> How can we accomplish this? We are using FBA and fulfillment is happening from the UK for all of the EU, by the way.
>
You will need to update the bullets and descriptions when editing your items on that marketplace. You may need to create a case with that marketplace Seller Support to update the content with your new content.

By the way, you can update the content, but you may not have authority for your updates to replace the posted content. Seller Support will need to take the action. I have done this myself.

I would caution you about the Lightning Deals or Prime Deals - even if you correct the product description. Be aware about the concern with non-English customers who receive English products. Some will return them because they did not expect to receive an English product - even if that is clear in the bullets and description. This will result in additional returns which will end up in warehouses in those other countries (perhaps, for a long time).

If your products do not have multi-lingual packaging and usage instructions you should probably just pass on this opportunity.

I have also received these notices and sell primarily English language products. I see a return rate of about 10% mostly because the customer thought they were ordering their local language version of the product.

Dave

All I can think of is hiring someone for each venue who speaks the language and pay them to correct it. That is what we tell the foreign sellers who sell on com and don’t speak Engilsh, that they need to pay someone fluent in their native language and English to correct the listings. Your listings on those venues probably seem as hilarious to those speaking German, French, etc. as the bot translated Chinese, Japanese and Thai do to us.

Although with the same latin roots, I wouldnl’t think you’d have quite so much trouble with European languages.

closed #4