How do I find the sales ranking of a product?

How do I find the sales ranking of a product?

Just be aware that these sales rankings can vary greatly from hour to hour and day to day,
sometimes with wide swings. Sometimes with little to no movement at all for days, or
even months.

Hi,

You can find the sales ranking for an item on the Product Detail page for that item.

For instance for this title of a book:

http://www.amazon.com/No-Easy-Day-Firsthand-Account/dp/0525953728/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347838695&sr=1-1&keywords=no+easy+day

You would look at Product Details a little bit further down the page which would show the sales ranking:

Product Details

Reading level: Ages 18 and up
Hardcover: 336 pages
Publisher: Dutton Adult; First Edition edition (September 4, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0525953728
ISBN-13: 978-0525953722
Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.4 x 1.2 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (435 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

You could also see the sales ranking for your item if you try to “Edit Details” for your listing and could see the current sales ranking at the top right side of the page at the bottom of the shaded box.

Gail

Edited by: paintcreekbooks on Sep 16, 2012 7:44 PM
Added another sentence.

Once you add a product to the listing, it also shows you the ranking on the upper right corner.

Thank you Gail…does the Amazon app show this as well?

upper right corner where? on the listing page? I cannot find that.

Hi and I thank you very much for not being upset for “filling in” for you, and also I hoped that you would understand.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Gail

Hi again,

Someone else will have to assist you in answering this question as I don’t use an Amazon app (as I don’t have a device that would utilize it but just an iPad and am not sure if the iPad Amazon app is identical, as I haven’t downloaded it yet to check it out.)

I’m sure another seller that uses the Amazon app can step in and help to answer your question.

Gail

I’m only “filling in” for Unique App as I tried to mention this also in another post on this thread.

On an item that you have listed for sale, you would need to go to “Manage Inventory” on your Seller page and click on that tab and then click on “Active Listings”, then you would find the item that you listed and then click on “Actions” and then click on “Edit Details”.

There would be a light blue shaded background “Amazon Product Summary” rectangular box at the top of the page and at the right side of that box, at the bottom it shows “Amazon Sales Rank”. Above that other offers in other conditions are listed.

I will try to see if I can copy an example here:

Competing Marketplace Offers
22 New from $9.99 + $2.98 shipping
1 Collectible from $29.00 + $2.98 shipping
64 All from $2.50 + $2.98 shipping
41 Used from $2.50 + $2.98 shipping

List Price
$15.98

Amazon Sales Rank

Well, close enough, but not what it really looks like. You will have to test it out yourself with one of your listings.

Gail

Thank you Gail; you are awesome.

Thank you paintcreekbooks. Found it :slight_smile:

I see the box you’re referring to in the “Edit Details” page of a product I’m selling, but the Amazon ranking is simply missing. It’s also missing under “Product Details” on the Amazon product page. Has Amazon removed this? Or does the fact it’s missing tell me something, like that it’s not high enough to be ranked?

Thanks

closed #13