user profile
Sign in
user profile

Help with DYMO LabelWriter 4XL Thermal Label Printer

by Seller_TmcUzqrd8iU7t

Just received this printer. Previously we used paper and tape. The labels are printing, but the right side is cut off. We are purchasing postage through Amazon. How do we correct the printing? Thanks!

Tags: ASIN
27 replies
27 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_UBmr6lV9X0ngT
In reply to: Seller_TmcUzqrd8iU7t's post

what label are you having problems with?

user profile
Seller_Yvu9QfhV55nVu

Change the size to 75% or to shrink…depends on the browser you use,

user profile
Seller_JtArValIB8GOd

Just adjust the settings in your printer tab… you should be ok is it 4x6 labels?

Jenna

user profile
Seller_LCuYaJuTeaoMv

Whenever this happens to me it means my postage program has, somehow, forgotten what kind of labels I am using. After I re-tell it this info then it prints fine.

user profile
Seller_a2wblcIflhYQL

When I click “print label” in Amazon, a printer window pops up and I make certain the printer (destination) is set to the 4XL and the properties are set to 4 x 6 label (paper size) with minimum margin and it prints out perfectly on the label. What operating system are you using? I am using windows with Chrome as the browser.

user profile
Seller_g0KrYO1Zm7nuX

I’m on a Mac and this is how I have mine set in Amazon and it’s perfect. Prints great using chrome or Safari.

I also have my printer set to 4 x6 with no margins.

Also, I’m set to open the label in a separate page instead of letting it automatically get sent to the printer

user profile
Seller_TwLumnxAU8eXX

My DYMO 4xl works perfectly, you just need to get the settings right. As stated above the paper size should be 1744907 4in x 6in. Then there is a way to set this as your default setting whenever you choose your DYMO as your printer.

user profile
Seller_ygga05V386Esx

I actually Googled DYMO and contacted their support line. They started to walk me through fixing it and then the guy just had me let him take over my computer. He fixed it in a few clicks. That was months ago and I haven’t had any problems with printing since then.

user profile
Seller_w7icvneQT4b7I

Here’s what I do. Don’t know if it is the best way but it works for me (on my Mac):

1. click Print Labels
  2. Open the label in Acrobat Reader
  3. Rotate view
  4. Click Edit>Take a Snapshot
  5. Highlight label
  6. Right Click>Print
  7. Make sure correct printer is selected and paper size (4"x6")
  8. Print

Works for me - though I wish there was a simpler way. A few clicks, a few seconds and it is done. Good luck

user profile
Seller_NoqY5aBHRvOi4

Easiest way I found was to print the shipping label to PDF, the get the selection tool, select the area you want to print, then go to print. Make sure the printer selected is the Dymo label writer, make sure to select 4x6, and make sure it is portrait or landscape (you can see which one work in the print view). Then just print. I’ve had lots of issues in the past and this is by far the easiest way. I do not use the provided dymo software. I can walk you through more if you need additional help.

Go to original post