user profile
Sign in
user profile

HELP - Amazon password assistance email from account-update@amazon.com

by Seller_dhnImdjH7rk0T

I am getting bombarded with “Amazon password assistance” emails from account-update@amazon.com every 2 minutes. I have NOT requested to change my password.

Is there an abuse department that I can send the full email with headers to, so that this stops?

Tags: Registration
23 replies
23 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_egRC2xE2AJbXj
In reply to: Seller_dhnImdjH7rk0T's post

It sounds like someone may have gotten ahold of your Amazon email address (perhaps from a phishing attempt that got an old password) and are trying to get into your account.

If you can change your email address (I would also change to a new password to be safe) you should consider doing that.

If you do not think the emails are coming from Amazon you can submit them as a potential phishing attempt at stop-spoofing@amazon.com

The instructions are found at the link below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201127830

user profile
Seller_jceOzRHLPQ3DZ

If you don’t have two-factor authentication enabled, I HIGHLY suggest you do it, and change your password to something complicated that you would never use on another account. Open sellercentral.amazon.com manually in your browser, sign in and make the changes. Don’t follow any emailed links.

user profile
Seller_ZIKbuqb5YDSeO

We have also received about 10 emails with the same subject!

user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw

You are not alone …

I think it’s an attempt to get your login but I’d like to know if it has a fake login link in the email.

Maybe @jake_sellersupport is around and can check as I’ve seen 3 posters having this going on

user profile
Seller_dhnImdjH7rk0T

I looked in the email headers and saw way down "@email.amazonses.com", so I am sure it is Spam.

user profile
Seller_mUAFSHRNpTAio

sounds like a scam
check no response needed and then report

user profile
Seller_ijCJp2gH3jRtJ

I got the same emails coming from account-update@amazon.com. I called customer support and said that someone was trying to reset my password and recommended to change the password.

user profile
Seller_ijCJp2gH3jRtJ

I not only changed the password but changed the email address that I use to login (I created an email address specially for amazon) and received those emails in the new email address. scary!

user profile
Seller_xY6Sz2TGr3qlq

I also received those e-mails today, I took the steps to change my amazon and e-maul password. The e-mails stopped coming before I did that thankfully. In a possibly related note, I got another e-mail earlier in the day and want to check with everyone here to see if you think it is authentic

Dear Seller,

You are required to confirm your DE tax registration status.

According to amended German VAT legislation, online marketplaces must collect a German Tax Certificate from sellers selling from locations in Germany or to customers in Germany if their sales are taxable in Germany and are therefore required to be registered for DE VAT.

If you are not obliged to be tax registered in Germany and are therefore not required to obtain a Tax Certificate, please complete the declaration confirming that you are not generating taxable sales in Germany.

Please complete the following steps before March 10, 2019:

Click here to open your declaration form
Answer the declaration question by selecting the appropriate statement
Submit your response

To learn more about the requirements to obtain a Tax Certificate in Germany, click here.

Need help with VAT registration and filing in Germany? Visit VAT Services on Amazon.

Sincerely,
Amazon Services Europe S.a.r.l.

I am very weary of clicking anything even if it seems totally legit. Does anyone have insight here?

user profile
Seller_ovd4K800rFQvT

I just got one given me a code but I am in my amazon account and didn’t need a code so not sure

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post