Getting "Access to requested resource is denied." on Amazon Selling-Partner API, but working ok on MWS API

We follow all the details on the documentation, but we still get the Access to requested resource is denied

We have followed all suggestions on previous closed thread, but none work for us.

Then, we tried to open a case with Amazon as suggested there, but Amazon just close our case because they said Amazon had deactivated our seller account.

So, do we need an active Amazon Seller account to access Selling-Partner API? Because we can access MWS API just fine.

If this helps, here’s the details we get:

ETHON: Libcurl initialized
ETHON: performed EASY effective_url=https://api.amazon.com/auth/o2/token response_code=200 return_code=ok total_time=1.19957
ETHON: performed EASY effective_url=https://sellingpartnerapi-na.amazon.com/authorization/v1/authorizationCode?sellingPartnerId=***&developerId=***&mwsAuthToken=amzn.mws.*** 
response_code=403 return_code=ok total_time=1.309088
AmzSpApi::ApiError: Error message: the server returns an error
HTTP status code: 403
Response headers: {"Date"=>"Wed, 17 Mar 2021 12:28:26 GMT", "Content-Type"=>"application/json", "Content-Length"=>"141", "Connection"=>"keep-alive", "x-amzn-RequestId"=>"4bc870c2-619b-474c-8a95-a0c441209dec", "x-amzn-ErrorType"=>"AccessDeniedException", "x-amz-apigw-id"=>"cVNcoF2moAMFpMQ="}
Response body: {
  "errors": [
    {
      "message": "Access to requested resource is denied.",
     "code": "Unauthorized",
     "details": ""
    }
  ]
}

If your credentials works for MWS and not SPA this means that you most likely didn’t get SPA access. If you want to use both MWS and SPA read the following:

My understanding is you need an active Amazon Seller account and it needs to be the professional edition ($40/month).

In reality, it seems the MWS access with a DeveloperID is not tightly connected to your seller account.

I had a payment problem on my seller account and it got downgraded to the free account because of non-payment, and my Developer ID continued to work with PII access (but I got the payment problem fixed and got the account upgraded again).

Another company had their seller account deleted, and their DeveloperID continued to function. However, Amazon turned off their PII and now they can’t interface with Amazon to get it turned back on again because their seller account is gone.

Per this link, “To be eligible to develop Amazon MWS applications you must…Have a Professional selling plan…”
http://docs.developer.amazonservices.com/en_US/dev_guide/DG_Registering.html

Per this FAQ, it seems Amazon expects you to have a active seller account and to use it to communicate with them:
http://docs.developer.amazonservices.com/en_US/faq.html

If MWS is important to your company, I would suggest you keep your seller account that is connected to your Developer ID active and at the professional level to avoid future problems.

Dynamic Enterprise Technologies Inc
Seattle Washington USA

If your credentials works for MWS and not SPA this means that you most likely didn’t get SPA access. If you want to use both MWS and SPA read the following:

Hi. We’re aware of this and we had registered SPA application by following the doc (checked several times).

Our SPA application is set to access SP-API only. The application that’s set to access MWS is different one. So, we have two applications on the sellercentral.

Did you also request on Seller Central to make your Developer Account a hybrid account?

Did you also request on Seller Central to make your Developer Account a hybrid account?

No, we didn’t. Should we contact Amazon for that (which means, opening a case and therefore need an active Seller account first) ?

Because, as I understand, developer with access to MWS will have access to this SP-API without sending them a request.

Here’s what they said:

For developers with existing Amazon MWS credentials and roles, we have backfilled access to SP-API using fine grained roles; these developers can update their existing integrations to use both API suites. Developers may request additional access by updating their developer profile and providing any additional required information.

Ok, the last sentence is a bit vague to me. The say “developers may request…” but on previous one, they indicates we’ve been already granted to access to SP-API :thinking:

For example, if you MWS does not need PII but your SP-API does need PII, then you can update your developer profile to request more access in SP-API that what you have in MWS.

Dynamic Enterprise Technologies Inc
Seattle Washington USA

Droidox, sorry for hijacking your topic. Can anyone confirm that requesting hybrid access to Selling Partner API doesn’t revoke MWS permissions?