user profile
Sign in
user profile

Geeze I'm really starting to notice Amazon ramping up the "Pre Ordering" on some of my FBA items

by Seller_n4shC9EMd3XuA

Used to be back a few months ago that I would send invo to FBA, they would check it in then you would see the orders begin to flow. Once in a while you’d see a couple trickle in a couple of hours before it hit the dock.

Now it’s getting crazy - I sent in 80 units of an item to FBA yesterday, so they just got across the state line and are still a couple of days out - not to mention “check in time” - which could be a day or 2 or 5. and about half of the 80 are sold already!

I suppose that’s a good problem to have. I’ve even noticed a few pending orders pop up BEFORE I EVEN shipped. So the AI is trying to dial me in - get into my head and my FBA shipping patterns I guess. It’s both fascinating and kind of scary at the same time. It’s like the whole world is counting on me to box up my FBA and get it out on the road - lol.

Anyone else that uses FBA notice this trend? This puts FBA sellers at an even bigger advantage than FBM. And it confirms that my massive fight to get my Hazmat storage space back was a critically wise move on my part. I haven’t even cranked on the advertising yet! I usually leave that on pause until my product hits the FBA dock!

Bottom line it’s neat but in the case of a supply chain issue it may cause a lot of pending orders that get canceled.

Tags: Cancelled order, FBA, Fulfillment center
50 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_spBEmM4GC9jW1
In reply to: Seller_n4shC9EMd3XuA's post

You may be seeing the results of this program

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/fba/programs/oos/about

Jump to reply
50 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_oEw5wUNHgJxxP

Yes we saw this a few months ago. During COVID we did not see it, checkin was painfully slow.

We have not seen this but as they arrive at the dock they are available with a extended availability time.

We have never seen this however, what a great motivator for my team, hope it happens!

We don’t have the supply chain issue since we are the manufacture and stock or have the raw materials locally available.

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

Infinity_Man

I would just chill & listen to some Silk Sonic… enjoy the ride while it lasts…

user profile
Seller_xgE8VKcHiSfnv

I see it pretty often with color variations, drive me nuts sometime. My prepper processed 200 of my black color. There are 37 left. Amazon recommended sending in another 111 so I bought 75 more from the suppler, then the sales on it slowed and the run switched to the Navy Blue which are almost gone and I can’t get any more as the supplier still owes me 25 from March and there are only 4 left in the warehouse(s).

Did you check for the Amazon Choice Badge? I had it on my Black color for a while now its on the Purple.

user profile
Seller_Tbny0fDxQrHxH

Honestly, I’d just be happy if they would come pick up my pallets. Three weeks in a row they miss the appointment, then I have to open a case, to be assured that NEXT week we will be there to pick up. So no, in my opinion Amazon is not doing a better job as I see people claiming in this thread.

user profile
Seller_iJvCQnJWc1y9j

This sounds like Amazon’s new FBA inventory program we received an email about maybe a month or two ago? I don’t remember the specifics but supposedly the AI can predict your FBA replenishment shipments and will allow customers to keep ordering even when you sell out b/c the algorithm believes you will be sending in more items.

I suppose we aren’t reliable enough as I have not seen this yet (lol)… I’m not so sure customers will be happy ordering something they think is in stock but is actually just en route (or about to be) to an FBA warehouse, especially with time-sensitive items.

user profile
Seller_ajHyeBL0zyQLt

grats!

user profile
Seller_QhvrIp4npKDGG

Amazon continue to presell ,even if they don’t have products on the shelf to ship

user profile
Seller_VgJed7SnPL1Hg
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_kOkkgM0mMa5nF

Yep, the last couple shipments I’ve sent in have done that. Used to be nothing was listed (for potential customers to see) until everything was checked in and the status changed from “Reserved” to “Available”. But here recently even if it’s still in the “Reserved” status it can be ordered. As you say, that shows that Amazon is starting to have trust/confidence in us (I hope ), but it also mean the delivery dates are pushed out more than I normally see. I guess as long as the customer notices the date and doesn’t mind that, it’s all good. But yeah, this is an interesting change.

Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_spBEmM4GC9jW1

You may be seeing the results of this program

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/fba/programs/oos/about

Go to original post