user profile
Sign in
user profile

Free Shipping Promotion Deprecation

by News_Amazon

Free Shipping Promotions will no longer be supported starting January 13th, 2020. Please make any necessary edits to your Free Shipping Promotions in Advertising Promotions prior to this date. On January 13th, 2020, all Pending and Active Free Shipping Promotions will be terminated by having their status automatically updated to Expired and the Free Shipping promotion type will be removed from the Create a Promotion page in Seller Central.

If you would like to provide free shipping for customers, you can set this up by going to the Shipping Settings within the Settings tab.

We value your feedback on our Promotional tools. You can provide feedback using the Feedback footer in Advertising > Manage Promotions.

Tags: News and Announcements
47 replies
47 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_q7ax8KWqDxwgM
In reply to: News_Amazon's post
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_Zw8LsZUQSH440

What’s the rationale for this? We offer free shipping over $35, and you can’t do this with shipping settings.

user profile
Seller_ZXyuDZVk0CAZO

I wish they’d get rid of the free shipping hoax all together. We all know there’s no such thing as free shipping. You can either buy an item for $10 with free shipping or buy the same item for $5 plus $5 for shipping. Personally I prefer buying from a seller who’s charging $5 for the item and $5 for shipping, since in my opinion if they’re trying to con me by telling me I’m getting free shipping, what other shady information is included in the item description.

user profile
Seller_D3FAQLNkJcTov

Another attempt by Amazon to screw everyone but themselves. I’m moving all my products to other platforms. I make my own products and no one will be allowed to sell on Amazon. They violate their own policies all the time but attack us who make up more than half of their sales. We should all boycott Amazon. Get some guts people.

user profile
Seller_uzs04H2OFGL5u

Downvote.

The ability to offer free shipping over a certain amount was beneficial to us and our customers. Sorry customers, Amazon decided to no help us out.

It is, well was, a great way to get customers to buy MORE items, making more money for us and Amazon.

user profile
Seller_7rNklHYkq1IwY

Can someone from Amazon please add some additional rationale regarding this decision? Allowing 3rd party sellers to increase AOV with no additional cost to Amazon just makes sense. It’s a win-win-win feature for sellers, customers and most importantly, Amazon. Removing this feature which increases customer satisfaction and profits for sellers and Amazon does not make any sense. Please explain.

user profile
Seller_G2stXrx2YSup3

I’m never for removing options, but I’ve always built shipping into my price on this platform because it’s the model that works best here. Strangely I can sell something at $24.99 with “free shipping” easier than I can sell $15.58 + Shipping cost of $5.12 … Actual case study. I don’t get it…but it is what it is.

user profile
Seller_5aA2hbBFhmt6j

This new policy makes NO SENSE! Amazon has been pushing free shipping for YEARS, and everyone knows if you don’t offer free shipping on this site, your sales will tank! Customers on this site want to feel like they’re paying more for a quality item without the burden of paying for shipping. I agree with those who say it’s an illusion because it is, but it’s the best way to sell your items on Amazon, so you have to play these stupid tricks in order to pacify customers into believing they’re NOT paying for shipping. And now Amazon is removing this option? Why? All it’s going to do is reduce the sales of Third Party Sellers who make up 40% of Amazon’s business! So, I would appreciate an explanation from a representative at Amazon, or I will simply move my items to anther site like so many sellers who’ve already closed their shops because of Amazon’s contradictory policies.

user profile
Seller_VWpyF3VGBg5Ua

I wonder if this is a precursor to a new policy requiring ALL sellers to offer free shipping or at least pressure sellers to offer it up front since the promotion approach will no longer be available.

user profile
Seller_WQlSyw35xElJn

This seems like an issue that sellers should’ve been able to vote on because it affects them directly.
This might make sense for Amazon monetarily in the short term, but it hurts the seller- especially people who have huge inventories. Not only do they have to potentially change settings for their inventory (which might be a lot of work depending on the setup on Amazon’s end and/or the seller’s end) but it ruins a seller culture that shouldn’t be touched.

Maybe you keep the shipping “discount” the same and never increase it, but to remove it completely at this point is ludicrous.

Go to original post