First Class Package Tracking Showed As Delivered Customer States Otherwise

I have a customer who messaged me Friday stating since Thursday she has not received her product. After checking the tracking it showed it arrived on Thursday. I told the customer to verify the address, check with the neighbors, talk to the route carrier and contact their local postmaster. The customer insist the USPS notification service she signed up for didn’t state it is coming it wasn’t delivered.

What should I do?

If you used amazon buy shipping and shipped on time you can use the template below.

If you did not use amazon buy shipping and you didn’t get a signature confirmation- you have no recourse and either you refund or amazon will refund from your account and ding your metrics

I take it that I will be out the value of the item even though this was no fault of my own?

You are responsible for delivery until the package reaches the buyer.

If you did not use amazon buy shipping and you did not get a signature confirmation- then yes - you would be responsible for funding a refund to the buyer before or after an A to Z claim

Unless
You used amazon buy shipping. Then amazon would pay for it instead.

The shipping credit for it was used in Amazon but no signature confirmation.

Did you buy the actual postage label from amazon or not?

If not- and you have no signature for delivery- you are responsible for the refund

Yes, I bought it from Amazon.

This is what we send.

You may be eligible to request a refund under the A-to-z Guarantee if “You have not received your package and three days have passed since the maximum estimated delivery date or the tracking shows a delivery confirmation, whichever is sooner. Note: Amazon also require you to wait 48 hours after contacting the seller before you are eligible to request a refund.”

Requesting an A-to-z Guarantee Refund

To request a refund on an eligible order:

1. Go to Your Orders .
  2. Locate your order in the list and click Problem with order.
  3. Select “Package didn’t arrive” from the list.
  4. Select Request refund.
  5. Enter your comments in the text box.
  6. Select Submit

Note: Refund requests can take up to one week to investigate. Amazon will notify you of their decision via the email address associated with your account. To view the status of your request, locate your order in the list on the Your Orders page and select Problem with order.

To receive the maximum refund allowed you need to select “Package didn’t arrive”