user profile
Sign in
user profile

Fillz to cease operations June 30, 2020

by Seller_PLZH72NocO6ue

Fillz.com will cease operations at the end of June 2020. What inventory management systems do you recommend and use to push items to the bay and other platforms and reconcile inventory?

Tags: Inventory
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_XuzUrjipfNnjW
In reply to: Seller_PLZH72NocO6ue's post

Also just got the FillZ notice, and we’re also considering the alternatives. We’re a small bookseller (less than $10k per month) listing on Amazon, ABE, Biblio, Alibris and B&N using FillZ. We do eBay separately.

For someone our size, it looks like AoB - TheArtofBooks - is the only roughly equivalent service, i.e., providing inventory, order management, repricing and reports. For us, AoB would be a bit cheaper than FillZ, and seems to provide all the same services. We chose FillZ years ago because we figured its acquisition by Amazon (through ABEBooks) made it more likely it would stay in business. So much for that logic.

So we’d be interested in hearing from anyone who knows of other good alternatives with all these capabilities, or experience with AoB.

One of the least expensive alternatives is software, BookTrakker, but wonder if we’d miss having automatic order management (not part of the BookTrakker capability, but provided by FillZ or AoB). So anyone use BookTrakker?

user profile
Seller_UKPNeiVeU3iuw
In reply to: Seller_PLZH72NocO6ue's post

I can honestly say that AoB - The Art of Books is one of the best companies I have ever used/worked with. I have been selling for about 13 years and drug my feet signing up with AoB for about 4-5 years. I am kicking myself that I didn’t sign up when I should have. Finally pulled the trigger in 2013 and was blown away by the features and potential they afforded me. The pricing is the best you will find. The customer service is fantastic. Why is it fantastic? Because you don’t have to wait on the phone and talk to someone who can’t understand you and you them. You instantly login to a chat room where there are very competent ladies who instantly attend to your problems. They know their stuff really well, and if they don’t know, they will ask each other, or ask the owner. It is incredible. What’s also nice about the chat room is you can see other’s issues scrolling by as you discuss yours. This is a great advantage because you will often learn something as you are solving something and can contribute to the discussion when needed.

They have also been very accommodating when it comes to features that I need and crazy requests that I have.

Are they perfect, no. Are they bug free, no. However, they do their best to get on issues promptly and personally work through issues with you or behind the scenes. I find them to be a breath of fresh air in a world of corporate closings and takeovers. It’s similar to going to grandma’s house for Thanksgiving; it’s cozy, comfortable, and personable. To be honest, I hesitated initially because I am a graphic/web designer and I had some issue with the look and feel of their site. All of the purple, fuchsia, pink colors and 90’s design gave me pause. Over time I have come to love it though, because it means that their attention is placed on FUNCTION, period. Less design means lower overhead for them, and those savings are passed on to you as the seller. The function is fantastic, you start to respect the way the site is set up.

It has been 6 incredible years now that I have been with AoB. They mean the world to me, and if they were to ever close, I would likely shed some tears.

You can also do a test run on their site by logging in with a provided username and password and see how everything works, which is a really amazing feature. Most companies want you to sign up for a trial period which is a drag if you ask me.

Just so you know, I am not on their payroll, nor have they promised me anything for doing this.

For those of you that are losing FIllz next year or are considering an inventory management system, do not hesitate, I promise you will be very impressed.

Remember, these guys handle ALL types of inventory. Just because their name has books in it, don’t be fooled, they can handle any type of item, if it exists, they can handle it! I have all types of items from shoes to sports eqpt. to housewares to books.

It turns out they do have a referral program so if you would like to try them out or signup, using the link below will help me out a little. Also, when you sign up, the first 30 days are FREE!

The Art of Books

Happy Selling!

Dan

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post