FBA recommended quantity for newb

I’m somewhat new to Amazon and FBA - I don’t feel I’ve figured out quite how to work the system. As far as FBA goes, do you find that you sell more quickly if you send more? Meaning if more of your items can be dispersed through varying fulfillment centers does that seem to help boost sales? Like if 50 units sell in a month, you might sell 150 units in 2 months if they had them readily available?

I would suggest that you start slow and see how it goes, until you get a feel for it?

And if it’s a product it will sell well on Amazon…

I also don’t know what kind of account you have, how large the item is there are amounts of storage allotted to individual accounts, and more for professional accounts…

And if the stuff isn’t moving it hurt your score…

You can also have two listings one fulfilled by Amazon FBA + one fulfilled by Merchant FBM…

There’s nothing worse than having a bunch of merchandise in warehouses accruing fees for storage…

At some point later on Amazon may make suggestions about the amount of product you should be sending in, keep in mind Amazon makes money either way… Storage fees or seller fees, your widgets are a money maker… and they have Deep Pockets which you as a small business person may not have… and they will be thinking about their pockets first before yours…

Good luck

Ah! Great questions - let me fill in the blanks. I’ve been selling guitar parts on 3rd party sites for 2.5 years. I’ve tried to compete with big resellers here on amazon band it’s just not worth it - I do not have the cash flow to replenish inventory if I’m waiting 2-4 weeks for amazon payout. So I started making a few very small low cost items that’s sell for $10+/-. I usually send 30-40 of each as I need them. I recently sent 60 of each and they seem to have sold a bit more quickly - which could be any number of factors including the listing just gaining traction or getting shared on guitar forums.

The re-stocking suggestions seem inaccurate probably as it’s a new-ish product and the algorithm doesn’t have a complete data set.

I think I’ll try sending 100 of each and see what happens - its all very small so I won’t get hurt with storage fees. Cross your fingers for me. :wink:

Lil Huddy – Okay so you have little tiny widgets that are not going to suck up all your storage space -that’s good… just remember to put enough Bubble Wrap around them so they don’t get crushed when they throw them in with the three bowling balls, two cinder blocks and the big box of Tide, the bowling clean tinkering customer ordered…

I would also set up social media on your business so that you can drive business either to your Amazon listings, your own website, or offer an option to buy directly off the social media page…

Since these are tiny things - probably go in well padded envelope, & not be a brick to ship… I would also make sure that you have good branding stickers on the packages themselves, when I sent books into FBA in nice cursive handwriting I wrote my seller name, the city state-- the full title of the book --the word thank-you… for YOURS - seller / business name city state & include the name of the part they’re buying & could be done on one colored sticker, and then you print your FBA SKUS in white - on another…& if there is a instruction sheet with helpful tips to install the widget, that should get folded up inside also - ( better customer satisfaction , less returns )…

Hopefully you’re using the same name for your business throughout all venues, eventually want to get to the point where they’re buying one widget they realize they could also get another one - it would not be costly to ship… unfortunately Amazon does not have a true storefront so your goodies are scattered here and there and everywhere…

Just remember that you never want to commingle any of your products with anyone else’s… That’s always a recipe for disaster

At that point only you really know your business, and can make the best decisions about amounts to stock… And they don’t take up space, if you have to have them sent back to you, you’re looking at $0.50 a unit I think… But with it small amount taking up - paying-storage fees wouldn’t kill you…

So you just need to figure out how to promote yourself better so YOU could move not only those items but some of the other items that you have available…

The parts that you may have not been as competitive on before, I would, list them FBM… gives you a better presence…

And if you don’t know about social media maybe you could find some teenage Rock and roller, guitar players, that might trade widgets for assistance…

Those are the folks that you really want to give a business card with QR code to like you join you whatever on social media… Amazon probably frowns on things like including QR codes on a business card I’m sure maybe not a good idea just one of those random morning thoughts…

Maybe have Avery make you a cool sticker, to include in the package same thing name city state, do people still plaster stickers all over their guitar cases, or is that to Age of Aquarius, …

Hope this makes sense I’m going to go find some coffee?

Good luck