user profile
Sign in
user profile

FBA is a nightmare and this cannot continue

by Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

So we have an LTL shipment created on Sept 20. The shipment was incorrectly labeled as checked in on September 22. We had FBA remove this so we could ship it. The shipment was picked up on October 1. It was delivered on October 9. It was not touched until we opened another case 3 days later. Now we log on this morning and it shows as closed with nothing received.

We have $10k worth of stuff, some of which we are out of stock or low on because this process takes too long to get resolved.

We cannot babysit every shipment for the stuff Amazon “loses” and then sells while denying they get it, stuff they claim they never got, even though I personally counted it 3 times, and stuff they take their time to check in.

This is a regular occurrence with Amazon these days. We are paying 360% increase in storage fees while our stuff just sits in the warehouses.

In reading the initial comments, we are not interested in merchant filled nor what other options there are to fill our stuff.

The problem is FBA and that issue needs to be fixed.

Tags: FBA, INR (item not received), Lost shipment, Shipping labels, Warehouse
198 replies
198 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S
In reply to: Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0's post

There is a very foolproof way to remedy this.
DO NOT USE FBA!!!

user profile
Seller_aMHqH6794wbLy

Why does ANYONE use FBA - what a unacceptable risk!

user profile
Seller_0txVq03QjK9Av

why do you do LTL ?

start with low quantity ans see whats happening

user profile
Seller_BM04nzc3uRA9h

We use FBA a lot and when items are received in warehouse, they go into “Reserve” which means they are being shipped to other FBA facilities and come into stock 7 - 10 days later. If you go into Manage FBA Inventory link, go to the item in question and you should see the correct quantity all the way over on right side of page in Reserve column.

user profile
Seller_MudHB4Ucp5m8M

Well said. Here here! Don’t listen the folks who just like ti be contrarians. FBA has serious issues. It is a good idea but needs to be overhauled.

user profile
Seller_Om85GYYXkq0sY

i lose more money on fba more than selling on fbm, now i’m looking for selling away of amazon. they lost 98 of my items and refunded me 0.17 $ per item and i payed 3,77 from wholesale auction !!!

user profile
Seller_0IDPUgBsNa35F

Unfortunately this is becoming more and more common.

FBA is no longer worth it. We are in the process of pulling out completely.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

I have no problem believing that management in Amazon’s fulfillment centers is inadequate, and the help is inadequately trained.

BUT

I also expect that certain types of shipment are more likely to have incoming delays. The seller needs to plan for them, and babysit if necessary. If your shipment is pallets of mixed merchandise, which are more difficult to check in, it will wait while the receivers do the easy stuff. And it WILL have more errors in check in.,

It happens in many warehouses with frequency. I am sure it happens more often where the help has stringent performance metrics.

user profile
Seller_FelGTBUMD85ex

I’m sorry for your experience here. Thank you for posting as I needed yet another reminder. I will be kicked from Toys and Games on MF and so want to ship to FBA, but I know better. Looking at other platforms for holiday sales. We shall see.

user profile
Seller_jZKQdkhQVDhgU

The problem is real - I can’t figure it out.

Large shipment delivered on Sept. 26th, still has not been processed and each time I ask for assistance the reconciliation date gets moved out. I have had several other shipments that have been lost I end up getting reimbursed, but I always lose money when this happens. Seems to be products Amazon itself is not selling.

Anyone have a successful strategy for working with Amazon to find and reconcile lost FBA inbound shipments ? Can anyone see a pattern if this happens with a particular warehouse more than others ?

Go to original post