FBA Changes as we prepare for a successful peak (US)

i created 1 shipment on 6/29 to be picked up on 7/1 and no driver show up, i called relay over 10 times, they told me it will be picked up on 7/10, and no show up on 7/10, called again and was told they will pick up on 7/22. This was only 10 pallets.

yes, we have about 40 pallets got picked up 2 weeks ago by new Amazon freight, and has not checked-in as of today

Holy Heaven! Did over million in sales last year (mostly Nov & Dec) and I’m only allowed 1000 cubic feet because I’m 20 points away from 500 IPI. I almost went a whole MONTH without a single sale in Early May because I sold out of everything and wasn’t able to restock. Will I be stuck with 1000 cubic feet for all of Xmas?

Hello Sellers,

I wanted to share some information with you regarding the FBA changes discussed in this thread.

If your IPI score is under 500 as of WK 29 (this week, Week of July 13), you are subject to storage volume limits from August 16, 2020, through December 31, 2020. To see your potential next period storage limits, go to the Inventory Performance Dashboard and expand your storage monitor. You have four weeks to improve your score to avoid these limits. If your IPI score is still less than 500 during Week 33 (the week of August 10, 2020), storage limits will take effect on August 16, 2020.

Sellers who maintain an IPI score of 500 or greater during either of the score checks will not be subject to storage volume limits from August 16, 2020 through December 31, 2020. However, all products are currently subject to restock quantity limits. You can view quantity limits for your products on the Restock Inventory page and the Restock report.

I hope this helps answer some questions.

Susan

"Limited Restock" Bug - Amazon Demands More Inventory... Won't Let Me Send It

Hi MMF, would you mind sharing what the limit is? This change without warning is pretty devastating for private label sellers that ship by pallet from their manufacturer like we do. Not even sure what we are going to do now… Sad, and depressing.

In a similar boat. We ship from our supplier to FBA. Now I don’t know what I am going to do. I can’t believe this. :frowning:

What happens if on Aug 20th my IPI is above 500?

Same question for @SEAmod. If you get above 500 after the initial date, do you still not get Unlimited for the rest of the year. Sounds like they are saying that the August 10th date is going to determine the rest of the year. Unless you are above and then fall below, it sounds like they will take it away. But you can’t get Unlimited if you are below 500 on August 10th for the rest of the year no matter what? So you can lose standing but you can’t gain it?

Amen to that!!!1

It’s 200qty. My product is an identical product as per my existing one but different in size. I’m sure it will be out of stock in a week.

I also have an old product that out of stock for so long and I decided to resurrect it. Amazon have no sales history for the past 3 months. I got the 200qty limit too.

With the limit, I have to wait till the stock sold out before I can create another shipping plan. From my storage to FBA warehouse usually take 3 - 4 weeks nowadays. Ah! I’m pulling my hair out!

EDIT: One product is standard size, the other is oversize. So I guess this is a general rules for product that have no sales history.

Thanks MMF. I guess we have to live with this and the limits will increase over time. Amazon must be doing some amazing business. We can probably make more money buying the stock than we can selling. :slight_smile:

I would like to add to my comment about… what happens if I get above 500 IPI on August 20th… is it too late?

Next question… Lets say im allowed 1000 cubic feet of storage and November comes and one of my products takes off and you guys recommend I send in 3000 Units… Lets assume that will put me over the 1000 cubic feet… what happens then?

What are the consequences for inventory that arrives at Amazon causing a seller to exceed their limit. Some sellers already have inventory en-route to Amazon which would cause them to exceed the limits.

Hi Susan,

Can you tell me why I haven’t gotten my recalled inventory in the last 3 months?

Hi Susan,

Does the IPI scoring calculation consider items entered on removal orders as no longer being in our inventory?

If not, and we enter removal orders today in an effort to raise our scores yet the removals are not shipped for a month or more of it would have no positive IPI value. In fact it would have a negative value since the removal items would be unsellable once transferred into reserve making them stagnant, hurting sell-through and lowering IPI

Please let us know. Thanks.

Amazon is recommending I send in 547 units of 1 of my products which totals 257 CBF. However, the projected limit they have given me is 182 CBF. Amazon is recommending me to go over their storage limit to charge me overage fees…this must be it smh.

Ok… Got their email. Hopefully it clarifies. You can still ship but with limitations.

. If your IPI score is still less than 500 during Week 33 (the week of August 10, 2020), storage limits will take effect on August 16, 2020.

Sellers who maintain an IPI score of 500 or greater during either of the score checks will not be subject to storage volume limits from August 16, 2020 through December 31, 2020. However, all products are currently subject to restock quantity limits.

We too are in the same boat. We are about to ship 5 containers of standard and oversize, all for Christmas and Halloween. Our IPI is at 397, and we’ve been well into 6 figure revenue sales for the past 3 years in a row, all in Q4. Our only other option will be 1) pay warehouse carrying costs, then 2) pay labor costs to ship in goods piecemeal during Q4, and 3) pay shipping costs twice, once from overseas, and then again from warehouse to FC.

Hi!
Im a new seller (less then a year)
And u dont get this new announcement…my ip score is 590 but still i have limitation on creating new shipping plans…in 2 monthes i will be out of stock and sea shipping takes longer this days, so as amazon wheelhouse checking in new arrivals…i dont get it😢

They never said they “wanted” 200 items. It says YOU can send in 200 tops. It doesn’t say do that anywhere. In fact they tell us how much they are going to charge us for the overstock