FBA Changes as we prepare for a successful peak (US)

Hi Susan, thank you for jumping in. I too am a seasonal seller. We have worked so hard to stay over 400, and this new threshold of 500 is devastating. Additionally, as of today I can see my storage limits for next quarter. They are half of what they were last year. The announcement said most sellers under 500 would have more storage than last year. This is all so, so bad. Thanks for any help you can provide.

This is the email they just sent out…
“Because your IPI score is under 500, you are subject to storage volume limits from August 16, 2020, through December 31, 2020. To see your potential next period storage limits, go to the [Inventory Performance Dashboard] and expand your storage monitor. You have four weeks to improve your score to avoid these limits. If your IPI score is still less than 500 during Week 33 (the week of August 10, 2020), storage limits will take effect on August 16, 2020.”

Where do I even see storage limits? The email said to expand the “storage monitor.” I do not see anything like this and have been unable to find this information.

Is your potential storage limit enough for your Q4 needs or would it impact your business in a negative way?

I’m having the exact same problem. The usual dashboard on the sellercentral homepage is now looking more like a news tabloid than a dashboard. Being a seasonal seller, I have invested over 70.000 dollars in buying new stock that is already on the way and suddenly I am hit with these new rules on a very very short notice, with absolutely no way of raising the IPI for the 16th of august. Who thinks of these rules? Second, there is no decent information on how to increase the IPI score and Amazon is definitely not aiding us by taking forever with their removal orders… This is completely killing our business.

Here:

Help page link:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=XLRKWL8L5BMSHWB&language=en_US&ref=ag_XLRKWL8L5BMSHWB_cont_201074400

The expanded storage monitor says that Current Storage is in cubic feet, but doesn’t specify units for the Storage Limit. Is this also measured in cubic feet?

Follow the link provided. Near the bottom of the screen is a horizontal line, with the tiny word “Expand”. Click on that word, and the area below the line will expand, showing your new limits. (Took me a while too.)

I’d say its close so shouldn’t impact it much at all. Definitely would not impact after Black Friday. Mostly the ramp up I worry about. Hopefully that’s true for others. At least for me, they could have eliminated a bunch of stress and complaining on here if they had rolled this out with the initial announcement. Very possible we are not the norm though cause like I said, even though our IPI is below 500, our sales volume is high comparatively and we are now turning our inventory every 28 days and they did say things like that would be factored into how much storage you get. I do also worry that at some point they lower it again though.

Correct, it seems to only be measured by volume.

ASIN limits which will be done on the ASIN level, will be in units. Storage limits are in cubic feet.

OK I can see my potential storage limits. They are 4x what my current usage is. That gives me something to work with and answers the biggest question. That being said it is very short notice and the IPI won’t dramatically change for me in 4 weeks no matter what I do.

Here is the next question I have for management. I’ll tag the moderator in the hopes it gets their attention. @SEAmod

• Why are the individual sku inbound limits based only on our own selling history of that SKU? Why can’t they be based on the overall performance of an ASIN?

A real-world example: Let’s say I want to sell Monopoly Board Game on the main ASIN. This normally sells 10,000s of units per month. But I haven’t listed an offer of it before (or recently). I’d be limited to 200 units on my first shipment of that SKU. This is not enough. We have learned that the correct stocking of a popular sku is about how many sellers there are and at what BSR. There may also be other factors like supply chain shortages and seasonable demand. 200 is arbitrary and does not come close to what is needed in Q4. In November/December we won’t have enough turn time to send in 200, then sell-through, then see new inbound recommendations, etc.

This sku inbound limitation is biased toward stocking a sku all year, being 100% in stock, and being the only seller. Yet, every year there is always more than one hot new toy/game that pops up as being 3rd party seller-viable only in November/December. Often these are released purposely for the first time in Q4 by the manufacturer. A 200 unit limit is not enough to meet demand.

our 26 pallets delivered to lax9 10 days ago, and still no check-in.

you sure it was picked up? Mine said delivered three weeks ago and the actual pick-up got rescheduled to tomorrow 07/16

Did you extend the time range to include when the order was originally placed?

Mods please, let us know at least till when the free removals promotion will last?
All I can read is:

Blockquote:" To help you avoid storage fees for products that have not been selling and create room for more productive inventory, we are offering a free removal fee promotion for a limited time"

Limited time couldn’t be vaguer, please provide us with specific information/date. A lot of us could loss a lot due to this new short announcement.

On another note, I think there is going to be a lot of out of stock products for the next few months across all departments. Hurting sellers and the choice for customers.

Our LTL partner 5 pallet shipment was delivered to PHX7 43 days ago and has still not been checked in.

We have been selling FBA since 2011 and have never had storage limits. Our IPI over the last 6 months has fluctuated only 6 points from 444-450 thus we will most likely have storage limits come Aug 16th.

Can someone that is familiar with storage limits please advise how existing shipping plans currently affect storage limits? Are you able to create as many plans as needed without impacting the limit or do plans in working status count toward the storage limit?

Thanks

I feel your pain. Ever since Amazon pulled a fast one and limited inbound shipments earlier in the year, I have started creating the inbound orders prior to placing an actual order for the product. Knowing that Amazon could instill these same limits at any time. That being said, even with an inbound order created, Amazon could cancel the order before the product is ready to ship. I think Amazon assumes we run things like a business and should at least have our own warehouse or place to store product if things go south. After all, if this virus resurges, or gets worse, Amazon may not have enough employees to checkin and properly store our products. It’s understandable.