FBA Changes as we prepare for a successful peak (US)

Yeah that’s tricky. If it’s marked as shipped will it count towards the IPI score do you know? I just marked mine as shipped this evening and looking at the FBA inventory breakdown it is now of course part of “Inbound”. So i guess what i’m asking is, does Amazon factor in “Inbound” when calculating IPI score?

Anybody know?

They are talking about peak periods when they have INR A to z claims sitting for 1-2 months still without even being looked at?

No

Really disappointed with this decision, i am launching 5 new products & on an average i have ordered 500 units for each product. I normally send shipment from China to Amazon Fulfillment Center.

The new restriction have impacted my plans, i have already paid advance for goods & most probably all goods will get ready in next 10 days.

Now what should i do, how can Amazon take such decision overnight. The last option i have is to find any 3 Party Warehouse in US & send limited quantities to Amazon on regular basis…but but but but this will increase my shipping cost by 300 percent e.g. as per original plan per unit was costing me around USD 1.50 but because of new guideline now my shipping cost for per unit is costing around USD 4.5.

And lastly, Amazon normally takes weeks to check in the delivery, with this new guideline if i have to send 1000 units goods to Amazon i have to send goods 5 times (200 x 5), does it really make sense, this will definitely increase work for people who works in delivery Check in of Fulfillment centers & will results in long delays.

Amazon doesn’t want to be your warehouse, Amazon only want to be your fulfillment center, simple as that. Jeff needs his money right here right now, not later and definitely not tomorrow.

I’m about to launch a new product and the quantity limit is so little.

I had some pallet that left LA for Moreno; took 4 weeks.

NY to Hazel: 3 weeks

I have a truck load picked on the 9th; I expect it to be processed by Christmas

Will there actually be anything like the normal seasonal surge in 2020? People are much more inclined to save and not spend in uncertain times.

Does anyone if there is a way to disable items going live when they are on the way from us to the warehouse? I know this is a new “feature” they just started doing in the last year or so but in my experience, no one buys anything when the shipping date shows a month+ out so these items going active as “live inventory” really just hurts our inventory turnover number I think. Especially with all of the FC’s backed up. Looking for any possible way to increase our score.

I was wondering the same thing. Waiting for FBA to show items in stock is ‘death’ to our FBM sales… especially during Q4.

Poking around it looks like they added some more info…
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/GXLRKWL8L5BMSHWB

“Storage limits are set by volume. Your remaining 2020 storage limits will be determined based on your IPI during two score check weeks: the week of July 12, 2020 (Week 29) and the week of August 10, 2020 (Week 33). You are not subject to storage volume limits if your Inventory Performance Index is 500 or above on either one of these score check weeks.”

"Storage limits are calculated using several factors including:

Your sales volume (including your sales' seasonality periods)
Your historical IPI scores
Available fulfillment center capacity

Sellers with consistently higher IPI scores will receive higher storage limits, adjusted for sales volume and available capacity. When setting limits for an upcoming quarter, Amazon considers both your recent sales volume and seasonal volume from the last year."

Does anyone know how does this going to affect current shipments already been lodged on Amazon Seller Central?:thinking::disappointed_relieved:
So, if I already created my shipping plan prior to today than I am fine to go with more than 200 units? My supplier will ship in about 2 weeks. This is my first shipment by the way.
Thanks for any answer!

try launch date or start selling date

We are the same situation. Many of our products spike and sell thousands of units from mid November to December. If calculations of what we can send in are based on the past 3 months, we will have little inventory and will just immediately sell out. Essentially, we will have no stock on our best selling holiday items. What can we do to make this point? Inventory is not received fast enough to handle the problem even if we ship new stock daily during the season.

I don’t know what to do.

I think everyone should put a ticket in via the “make a suggestion”

No clue it will help but customer support said they would “your suggestion is important to us, we forwarded your suggestion to our dedicated team.”

Hopefully they are reading some of our posts too and get the point and make a change. It really has flipped everything on its head and seasonal sellers are in limbo now.

Would you be able to suggest some US based warehouses from where I can constantly replenish stock to Amazon’s warehouse.

Where did you find that information? We believe that it does have an impact as our other scores are in the green. Is there a written policy somewhere that says this? Thank you!

Anyone know if the FBA in-stock rate adjusts if you show a shipment shipped? Or does the product have to be received in stock?

It’s taking a month just to get inventory check in and received. How are we suppose to get our in stock rate up?

Okay everyone. If you go to your Storage Monitor at the bottom of the IPI page and expand it, you can see your potential storage limits if you stay under the score. Ours doesn’t look like it will be a problem until November as we are using way below the storage limits they are saying we will have. Even as we are gearing up for Christmas in October/November, as long as that is the space we get and they don’t lower it, I’m not really sure it will be a problem but it would be nice to not have to worry about it and have Unlimited.

Inbound & FC Processing & Customer orders count. So if you have shipped 200 (your full inventory allotment) you can’t ship more until they have actually shipped your goods to the customer. This is going to be interesting for seasonal items.