user profile
Sign in
user profile

Explore customer needs to launch new products with Product Opportunity Explorer

by News_Amazon

We are pleased to announce the launch of Product Opportunity Explorer, a tool in which sellers can identify opportunities to launch new, high-potential products to address unmet customer demand.

Identifying and launching new products is key to retail success, but it can be costly and time consuming. Product Opportunity Explorer makes the process faster and easier for brands by providing helpful insights into what customers are searching for, clicking on, buying, or even not buying. The tool even provides supporting data about search volume and growth, sales history, pricing trends, and more, to help a seller identify and act on customer demand.

Product Opportunity Explorer was developed with product research and development in mind. Sellers can assess the likelihood of a new brand gaining traction with customers, estimate the cost of competing in a product niche, and forecast sales potential.

Product Opportunity Explorer was announced at Amazon Accelerate and will be broadly available in 2022.

For more information, go to Opportunity Explorer.

Tags: News and Announcements
21 replies
21 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_tvK8zTBsoaTtv
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Should be interesting, but whenever I’m presented with the promise that some algorithm can identify profitable products/markets the first question I ask is “why don’t you just use it yourself?”

Because that is quite honestly the hardest part. Finding and sourcing a good selling and profitable suite of products that is not rife with hangers-on and copy cats is more valuable than anything else.

This tool sounds like it is designed for sellers who don’t already have a product or who have tons of capital to jump in where they see they can ride the back of a niche area with few or poor competition by copying their items with new private label variations.

One of my greatest gripes with Amazon has always been the glut of soulless copy-cat private label crap with 0 investment in their own “brand” and the Amazon continually allows the push out of more sellers selling more junk instead of curating and cultivating what exists to make it better.

Yesterday I was looking for Poly bags and out of the hundreds of options many have broken english, poor descriptions, terrible photoshopped pictures of irrelevent stuff and one had a bullet point touting “that a dam lot of bags”.

However, I do think it’s cool to have a source of new data regarding customer desires and as a data nerd I would be interested to just look under the hood but it wasn’t available to me.

user profile
Seller_jmlCdOY8DUprl

Thank you for the data. I know it is useful to me. helium 10 and others will take a hit.

But i didn’t get what’s the “Request a Metric” . I requested a metric but I didn’t get anything. I wonder those metric have? or did Amazon not like my reason?

user profile
Seller_JSkKTxOgzk1ON

Your tool said to list some Gucci purses. I listed them and now I am suspended for counterfeit claims. What the heck?? /s

user profile
Seller_wQJ4En6EQMOw1

This is pretty impressive data. Now that it’s first party, you remove the risk of inaccurate data from a lot of the third party groups / tools.

What else is impressive is the amount of transparency provided in this report, including a list of which brands are Amazon selling partners, which ones are 3rd party, which are sponsored. It gives, for once, an idea of how Amazon’s listings are organized and who is getting how many clicks. It’s radical, in fact, how much data they are sharing.

For example, if you have ever wondered exactly how another competitor is ranking higher than you in search… now you can see exactly how much traffic they get. From Amazon. Not an estimate. An exact number. You can also reverse engineer an exact conversion rate.

It’s a smart move - one I anticipate made to help level the playing field and remove questions about unfair practices. Or at least, give people tools to deal with it.

user profile
Seller_c0iPwC0IGJwtk

“with amazon you can get your product in front of millions of people”. i wonder then why i have a grand total of 32 views. lets revise that statement shall we? “with amazon , you can get your product in front of millions of people, if you spend millions on advertising and have a product every person wants”. there. fixed it.

user profile
Seller_viGnE6hw4MRgZ

True

user profile
Seller_yuSGrRShoLxCu

Well this sucks, I don’t have access to it.

user profile
Seller_4xSEiO7iuzGdT

I have already written twice with a request to have access to this service. After 5 days - no response

user profile
Seller_vWuGqtGVyhZxm

Did anyone get access yet who did not have access before?

Sent two email requests, but sadly no access yet.

Very interested in this tool so eager to see how it works. Also curious how they determine who should get early access.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post