Error when requesting FBA fulfillment in Shopify

Hello everyone,

I am getting this error when I request fulfillment of an order in Shopify:

Service
Amazon Marketplace Web
Value SupplyCategoryUnavailable for parameter MerchantSku is invalid.
### Information from the shipping service
Http code
Http message
Bad Request
Status
Failure
Faultcode
InvalidRequestException
Faultstring
Response message
Response comment
InvalidRequestException: Value SupplyCategoryUnavailable for parameter MerchantSku is invalid.

Can someone help me?
SKUs are correct and shipping rates reflect those provided by Amazon. I don’t understand what is wrong.

This looks like an issue with Shopify. You might want to reach out to them.

Are you using Shopify’s integration with Amazon or an app? What country is the customer in? Amazon will typically only ship MCF orders to customers in the US (if that’s where your products are). So if the customer is in the UK for example, Amazon won’t ship there.

Those error codes that Amazon supplies sometimes don’t actually mean what they say. But I would contact either Shopify or the app developer and have them look into it for you.

I used both the Shopify integration and the ByteStand app. I am a US seller and only sells in the US.
My inventory is enrolled in the Small and Light program and this is the issue. I contacted Amazon and they told me: “Please be informed that seller’s will not be able to create MCF order for small and light program. Please be advised the international shipping eligibility criteria for Multi-channel Fulfillment orders are limited to only BMVD’s ( Media Category), even in BMVD category”

I guess the only way for me to ship my Shopify orders with FBA is to re-send a new listing to the standard FBA inventory. I wish I knew that before sending my inventory. They don’t tell you that in here https://services.amazon.com/fulfillment-by-amazon/small-and-light.html and I think it’s a shame.

This is for regular FBA inventory as well, not just small and light.

It is on the Small and Light program page in seller help. #13

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/G201706140

Thank you for your reply @HDMS
When they say “international shipping criteria” it is just that you can’t ship abroad?
Or do you mean that you can’t ship your shopify orders with standard FBA if you’re not selling BMVD products anyway?

MCF orders can only be shipped domestically with the exception of BMVD products.