user profile
Sign in
user profile

Enabling Refund at First Scan (RFS) for seller-fulfilled returns

by News_Amazon

As part of our effort to offer a seamless and convenient return experience for both sellers and customers, we are introducing the Refund at First Scan (RFS) feature to all sellers who use the Prepaid Return Label program starting May 4, 2021. Products returned through Amazon’s Prepaid Return Label program will automatically be eligible for RFS. This mandatory feature is new for seller-fulfilled items and already required for sellers who use Fulfillment by Amazon.

With RFS, you will no longer need to rush to process a refund within the two business day SLA. Customers will receive a refund after the first carrier scan when they drop-off or ship back their return using an Amazon prepaid return label. You will continue to be notified about refunds by Amazon notification emails for all refunds processed with RFS.

Amazon’s return and refund policies will apply to refund amount calculations for RFS eligible orders. Refunds issued through RFS will be eligible for SAFE-T reimbursements, if you receive a damaged or materially different return due to customer fault.

To learn more about RFS, go to Refund at First Scan for seller-fulfilled returns.

Tags: News and Announcements
536 replies
536 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT
In reply to: News_Amazon's post
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_G53rrrmDqxLLo

Customers already take advantage of the Amazon return policy, this is just going to make it easier for scammers to get OUR MONEY QUICKER. And almost every Safe-T Claim I filed was denied, not a fan of this new feature

user profile
Seller_EtyfgCNlIg8g2

Thank you for making this update. It is important for Amazon’s customers to receive the same level of service from merchants fulfilling orders that they have come to expect from FBA merchants.

user profile
Seller_mUAFSHRNpTAio

oh for crying out loud now the scammers will get their money before we even know what they actually send back and some of the smart scammers will contact UPS/USPS and say i changed my mind please return back to me. then we have to jump thru hoops to file an SAFE-T claim WOW!!!

user profile
Seller_PIHKJ6kJPQSyH

Oh no, oh no, oh no no no no

user profile
Seller_kr2WHycdAbcil

So there goes our ability to claim restocking fees when we should always be able to for high priced items. Every single Safe-T claim will be denied, why even bother including that.

user profile
Seller_G2stXrx2YSup3

Next you’ll just not require returns at all, someone can just say “I don’t like it” and you’ll throw them money. God I wish a serious competitor would come along. Why do you poll us if you don’t seriously consider the results of the poll? Why bother asking if we view Amazon as a partner, how could we when our concerns are so carelessly ignored? I view Amazon as a necessary part of selling online becasue there is no serious competition to it, and Amazon knows it. . .but I assure you if there was another site that brought me even half the sales Amazon did without Amazon’s insane daily changing harmful to small business seller policies, I’d put my focus there in a heart beat.

user profile
Seller_OFwhcBaxkg46g

It will become mandatory so we better be prepared. Most customers are honest but those dishonest ones can ruin your week. And we all know how Safe-t claims are handled based on our A to Z experience with Amazon shipping.

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

So customers can send back a different item, a damaged item or a bag of rocks and we won’t be able to charge a restocking fee and the Safe-T claim will be denied. So exciting! Keep making that experience better Amazon!

user profile
Seller_Spy9EbeApg9ZU

From a process stand point I have no issue with this, it will actually make things flow smoother on our end. We don’t really have an issue with people and returning wrong or damaged items.

Our biggest problem is the reason code abuse

Go to original post