user profile
Sign in
user profile

Does fashion Jewelry Need Approval - Yes or No?

by Seller_z5gKMXO0eOrsc

Its a simple question, but i cannot seem to get a straight answer from Amazon.
Before I begin, I have read thoroughly all of the differences between Fashion and Fine Jewelry. I am actually an expert on that. So please do not refer those articles to me.

My story is I want to sell only Fashion Jewelry on Amazon. I was told that Fashion Jewelry does not need approval. I therefore downloaded the jewelry template and created one listing as a test. The drop down category i chose was “FashionNecklaceBraceletAnklet”. Everything on that template was filled in with utmost scrutiny as to indicate this was a Fashion Jewelry pc. The ASIN is B0064P20YE.

Bottom line - Item will not list and is asking me to get approval for this category.
Each time i contact Amazon i get a different answer.
One support agent told me he doesnt understand why my listing is not approved. he escalated it, called me at home and told me he was on the case, only to never hear back from him.
Two other agents copied and pasted the same answer of how “fine jewelry” needs approval, as if i didnt know.
So my question stands as
1- Does fashion Jewelry Need Approval - Yes or No?
If yes, why is my listing not up and live?
If no, Why doesnt someone just come out and say Fashion Jewelry needs approval?. Its like some big secret.

Tags: ASIN, Listings, Pricing
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_cIIdgKwVd6QF7
In reply to: Seller_z5gKMXO0eOrsc's post

Categories and products requiring approval

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/G200333160

You need approval to sell fashion jewelry.

Funky

user profile
Seller_z5gKMXO0eOrsc

Hi Funky
The page you referred me to only lists “jewelry”.
When I click that link it sends me to this page.
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=200332590&language=en_US&ref=ag_200332590_cont_G200333160.
That page only says FINE Jewelry needs approval.
For FASHION Jewelry it says no such thing, only that the seller must meet the requirements listed in the bullet points.
Please clarify clearly if I am misunderstanding or misinterpreting what it says on that page. Thanks.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

This is a question that you can answer for yourself.

I cannot answer it for you because I am approved in the category.

From Your seller central page click Catalog and the Select Add A Product.

Click the create a new product link.

That will display the categories you can create a new detail page in.

If you can list in Jewelry, Jewelry will appear in the category column, If you need approval it will not.

I beleive it needs approval.

user profile
Seller_z5gKMXO0eOrsc

Ive made some progress folks…Fashion Jewelry apparently does need approval, especially if you are listing under the jewelry category , as opposed to accessories.

I have asked Amazon the following 2 questions, and waiting for their reply…
1- Is the Fine Jewelry application the same for Fashion Jewelry?
2-If it is, how to I bypass the part of the application where it asks me to “accept” the $5000 fee?

curious if any of you know the answers…and crossing my fingers for a breakthrough in this long tedious process.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post