user profile
Sign in
user profile

Handmade Community

18670 members
6864 discussions
You are not a member of this group
user profile

Does amazon provide a discount so i can ship handmade signs affordably?

by Seller_1Xoa6EI1WyFpb
in Handmade Community group

Hey Community,

I could use some help! I recently started making custom handmade signs and would love to be able to sell them on amazon! When i started digging into what it would cost me to ship a sign ( its a circle that is 12in in diameter ) the cost for me would be crazy for shipping.

1. Does Amazon provide discounted shipper rates? If so where can i go to estimate how much my signs would cost to ship with the Amazon Discount?
  2. If Amazon does provide discounted shipping rates does this only apply to FBA where i send it directly to the amazon warehouse OR does this also apply to me sending it directly to the customers address?
  3. How are other handmade artisans selling custom signs affordable? Is there another service outside of amazon i should use?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tags: FBA, Shipping, Warehouse
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd
In reply to: Seller_1Xoa6EI1WyFpb's post

Really depends on how much your packaged item weighs. For a rough guess, you could use the bays shipping calculator. Amazon shares a decent discount on UPS shipping.

Unless you use a flat rate product, distance matters. You want to pick a location as far away as you can to get the worst case scenario.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd
In reply to: Seller_1Xoa6EI1WyFpb's post

Yes, it is a easy tool to find and gives rates comparable to those you will see when you use Amazon’s Buy Shipping to ship the items you sold on Amazon.

Amazon does not have a tool like that.

FBA is Fulfilled By Amazon. FBM is Fulfilled By Merchant.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post