user profile
Sign in
user profile

Does Amazon charge the seller for customer shipping on FBA items?

by Seller_n8m2W0nWgqbMD

Can anyone explain to me how and if Amazon charges the seller for shipping the items enrolled in FBA? For instance, if I list an item FBA for $15.99, will Amazon charge their referral fee PLUS whatever the item ends up costing them to ship? What if the cost of the item is $25 or more? Does an item this price automatically qualify buyers for free shipping on FBA products, and if so, will Amazon still pass the actual cost of shipping on to the seller? I guess I’m trying to determine if I should be adding the cost of shipping into the price of any items I decide to list FBA, and if so, under what circumstances? Thanks!

Tags: FBA, Shipping
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_X9AxWaXfNnGAl
In reply to: Seller_n8m2W0nWgqbMD's post

No there is a fulfillment fee but no additional shipping charge unless the customer purchases an upgrade.

The fulfillment fee is upwards if $3 and mostly around $5. You should consider this amou t in your pricing.

Dave

user profile
Seller_AJ8SzzrXJpQN1

The fulfillment fees will depend on the weight an measurements of the item you are having fulfilled by Amazon. Amazon will charge the 15% referral fee plus a fulfillment fee that consists of a pick and pack fee plus a weight/dimension based shipping fee. If you have the item set up for FBA already, Amazon shows you the total fee right in your manage inventory or manage FBA inventory page. If you click on that blue number, they will show you the breakdown of the entire fulfillment fee in a little pop up window.

user profile
Seller_n8m2W0nWgqbMD

Ok, thank you all for the great info. So if I understand you guys correctly, the only real costs I will need to calculate in regards to FBA is the referral fee and the fulfillment fee, plus whatever warehouse storage fees would apply. Amazon will either absorb the shipping cost themselves or, in cases where orders don’t qualify for Amazon’s free shipping, pass the shipping cost on to the buyer. So I’ll never need to concern myself with calculating and accounting for product shipping in an FBA situation, right?

user profile
Seller_1I2CYF3S9l0vE

Yes FBA charges you for shipping they just call it a fulfillment fee. That way they can sucker some sellers into thinking they are getting free shipping.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post