user profile
Sign in
user profile

Document request of toys

by Seller_2XDwdGtsfZ47S

• Shows that my links are at risk of removal and must provide secure files. * I’ve never heard of such a thing. What should I do
Tags: Images, Product removal
128 replies
128 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_wrlYlBXHfrKes
In reply to: Seller_2XDwdGtsfZ47S's post

I just received the same thing. but it doesn’t show me what documents they want when i click on the link? does it show you what ones to provide. Thanks

user profile
Seller_9Ij0ZPdgWo3oe
This post has been deleted
user profile
Pax_Amazon_old

Hello @CECIL_MONTEiRO_CO,

Pax here from Amazon.

The documents being requested will most likely be invoices and/or letters of authorization. Additionally, you may also have to provide lab tests to ensure the products are safe. You can find additional information in this policy page and this policy page. These pages explain what will be requested, as well as provide important dates to take note of. You will also find frequently asked questions and answers.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out on this thread again.

Best,
Pax

user profile
Seller_spBEmM4GC9jW1

We love when Amazon asks for documents from a supplier, even though we are the manufacturer, then they wont accept our own paperwork. When asking for specific reasons why they will not accept our own documents for our own product, Amazon states, “We have reviewed the information you provided and determined that it does not meet our requirements” but cannot state specifically what those requirements are… Facepalm.

user profile
Seller_BKTbyMFdY9z5e

How are they even picking the items. I had one for B01L1DTIIO which is a walking dead role play bat. It says it is for 17 and older. It is not a product for anyone under that age and the listing clearly states that fact. It is so frustrating.

user profile
Seller_tfHLydNPnh09k

I received 7 notifications this evening. The notifications don’t even say what documents they are requesting. It’s hard to believe Amazon is a top e-commerce marketplace sometimes.

user profile
Seller_3CrYbgPX8uAHW

This is most likely what Amazon is requesting at least in the TOY category:

Submit documents

-A third-party test report from a CPSC-accepted lab that shows the product meets ASTM F963-16/17 and CPSIA standards.
-For more information, please refer to this article.

Document must meet the following requirements:

-Must be issued by a CPSC-accepted lab

-Must show passing test results for all applicable ASTM F963-16/17 and CPSIA standards

What does not make sense and I am hoping a Amazon Mod person is monitoring this… If you are selling an item with the UPC code for that item, the manufacturer has already been thru the testing phaze to make sure all is compliant before they can sell the item. If you are selling that exact item then why do each and every person on that asin have to submit proof of something that has already been done and required. Amazon is not asking for invoices(at least on our toys) just what was listed above. Isn’t it the responsibility of the manufacturer to let Amazon know this information. If anyone is using UPC codes that are not from that item, I understand 100% why they would require that info…anyone have any thoughts on this?

user profile
Seller_iLsA4lGeaNWbg

Long-time toy seller here.

Amazon has been working their way through the toy catalog. I guess that they have gotten their system working the way they want it to, because they appear to have significantly increased the number of requests compared to prior years. We have submitted several this year, and got 99 requests today.

You need to provide compliance documents, or proof that the item is intended for Ages 12 and up.

The frustration here is that we only have 3 weeks, but they take 6 days minimum to respond to these appeals, which doesn’t give us much time.

If you are an authorized reseller, you should be able to get these documents from the manufacturer. If not, you need to get the testing done by an authorized lab. Caution: It’s expensive.

Which tests are required depends on the materials used and the intended age.

Mick

user profile
Seller_3CrYbgPX8uAHW

Why is the information needed if the items already comply with the requirements that the manufacturer needs to get approvals to even make the toys and the to wholesale to distributors if the ASIN is the UPC code of the manufacturer of that item.

user profile
Seller_hIt1oRUFT1XnK

Received a notification last night about 95 items being flagged for this, now today it’s at 121 items… as I’m trying to send in some of those for Christmas. Question is how many in my current shipment are they going to have to send right back to me?

Go to original post